Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

View Poll Results: Best Twitter clients for Mac?
Tweetbot 44 58.67%
Twitteriffic 3 4.00%
Tweetings 1 1.33%
Twitter official App 17 22.67%
TweetDeck 5 6.67%
Other.Please post name 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 12, 2013, 05:16 PM   #51
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
Plenty of people don't like having to install something extra just to use a Twitter app, that's all.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:40 AM   #52
manubibi
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackilroy View Post
Plenty of people don't like having to install something extra just to use a Twitter app, that's all.
oh, okay well, I think it's worth it but yeah, the best native alternative's Hibari then (still talking about Snow Leopard running on 32-bit, otherwise I wouldn't have any trouble finding a twitter client).
manubibi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 07:47 PM   #53
cledet
macrumors regular

Tweetbot, hands down.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 05:49 AM   #54
msephton
macrumors regular

My spreadsheet shows that Echofon comes out top in my usage. Followed by Tweetbot, my own twitter client Piyo, and Osfoora.

http://bit.ly/mactwitter
msephton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:06 AM   #55
Michaelgtrusa
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubibi View Post
I don't understand? I mean, yes, it runs with Air, but it's a Twitter client. I really don't know what you mean, I'm sorry!
Adobe Air is a cross platform software that allows for Air dev apps to run on Windows and OSX. http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html
Old Sep 27, 2013, 02:44 PM   #56
3bs
macrumors 603

Anyone want to help me get notifications to work on the official app?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get notifications to work! I have Growl installed and the settings configured but they don't work. I made sure the settings in the Notification Center were turned off for Twitter but I get nothing. I then turned off notifications for Twitter in Growl and turned them on in the NC but still nothing shows up.

All this with Tweetbot installed so I know when the notifications are coming in. I just can't stand it because it's much slower to navigate than the official app and I don't use all the added features.

The funny thing is at some stage notifications worked for the official app but then I started using Tweetbot. Now that I'm back to the official app I've noticed they don't work and I don't know why.
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
tweet