Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
Sorry to hear that, I also bought a 27'' late 2012 iMac model at the same time as you, and there's still no IR here. I would definitely return a new iMac showing this flaw. Really strange however that IR showed up on your iMac screen after nearly 2 years... You should talk to Apple support, I've always been very happy with Apple's costumer service.

And now, a little under 2 years after receiving my 2012 iMac, I now am afflicted with... image retention! Wonderful. Only noticeable on grey screens, but still... suck! Impressed it took this long to show itself, but... alas...

*sigh*

So far, it's only the lower right corner (which is where I saw it on a reboot), and after doing the image retention test - it's still that lower right corner. Interesting that it's manifested itself in just one corner...

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Sorry to hear that, I also bought a 27'' late 2012 iMac model at the same time as you, and there's still no IR here. I would definitely return a new iMac showing this flaw. Really strange however that IR showed up on your iMac screen after nearly 2 years... You should talk to Apple support, I've always been very happy with Apple's costumer service.

Yep, it's a little strange. It's also just on the lower right side area of my screen. The left side is just fine.

And this is why I maintained it doesn't affect everybody. The iMac has been in the exact same place for not quite two years. Very odd..

I'll keep an eye on it, and I'll get the screen replaced under Applecare anyway before my 3-year warranty is up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.