|Nov 28, 2012, 10:24 PM||#1|
[sorry this is too long but hopefully you'll read it ]
1. Is it bad to charge using my laptop's usb port? i heard that depends on how many things you plug in into your computer's usb ports the current/voltage (or whatever) may decrease & increase whenever it wants.
2. should i use the aftermarket chargers on ebay? they're so cheap and don't look safe
3. Battery level indicator/meter on my ipod touch is inaccurate?
- i've been seeing this many times. it's "jumpy". this is what happened today: it was at 30%, i played infinity blade and asphalt 7 until it showed "20% battery low", i kept playing asphalt 7, a few minutes later i quit asphalt 7, turned on wifi and checked some stuff, then the battery went up from "red" to "white", so basically after i quit the game the battery level increased lol
- i decided to drain it down until it automatically turns off, so i used until it automatically turned off, about 7 minutes before it turned off, i checked and it was 16%, and when it turned off it didn't show any second warning like "5% low battery" (my brother's ipad does, but i never used an ipod touch/iphone before so i don't know if this is normal?). look like at that time when it said 16% it actually only had about 3 - 5 % left.
what i really worry about is question 3, why is it "jumpy", decrease when playing heavy games and decrease when i quit, using light apps?
some addition information:
- my device: ipod touch 5th black 32 gb
- the percentage information above i get using voiceover feature (it speaks the percentage)
- i bought mine about 3 weeks ago and today is the first time i discharged completely until it turns off, before i always charge when it's above 20%
- i charge using my windows pc's usb port, never charged using wall charger, while charging i usually syncs a lot of stuff using itunes
thanks again for reading my long post
|Dec 14, 2012, 09:10 AM||#2|
1. No . I have been charging my iPhone 4S from USB ports . It should be fine .
2. As long as the charger output is around 5V --- 1.0A , it should be fine .
3. This is normal . That battery is a prediction for what your are doing on your iPod touch right now . Maybe when you are playing heavy games , it show 45%. If you continue , it might show 30% in 20 minutes . But after you quit and let it rest for maybe 1 minute , battery will go back to around 35%. It's normal on iPod touch .
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.