Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
I have downloaded a new widget for the dashboard, but it sits on top of the 4 that were there by default. With all that space that seems silly.

There must be some way to re-arrange them?

Could a kind mac user advice please?

-Concept-

macrumors member
I do remember having this problem myself, I just forget whether or not there is a fix... but I think that what I found was that they are either organized by date in descending order or alphabetically. The bar at the bottom is also alphabetical by default and can't be changed.

Last edited:

-Concept-

macrumors member
I have downloaded a new widget for the dashboard, but it sits on top of the 4 that were there by default. With all that space that seems silly.

There must be some way to re-arrange them?

Could a kind mac user advice please?

Wait.. do you mean in the list? Or the bar? Or just in the dashboard in general? You can click and drag on the dashboard, and to remove widgets, hit the plus sign in the lower left hand corner. A little 'x' symbol should come up in the upper LH corner of all of the apps. I hope this is what you're asking though.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
Thanks all, I thought I had tried clicking and dragging but it did not seem to work. However after seeing your replies I gave it another try. It does work.

My problem was finger trouble. :eek:

I will get used to the trackpad in time. It is great overall, but some features don't work the way I expect.

X5-599

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks all, I thought I had tried clicking and dragging but it did not seem to work. However after seeing your replies I gave it another try. It does work.

My problem was finger trouble. :eek:

I will get used to the trackpad in time. It is great overall, but some features don't work the way I expect.

Question: Do your widgets stay exactly where you dragged them? Because my don't. Everytime I open the dashboard they're slightly misplaced.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
Question: Do your widgets stay exactly where you dragged them? Because my don't. Everytime I open the dashboard they're slightly misplaced.

They are at the moment, the Mac has had a "sleep", but not rebooted since I placed them. I will see what happens after a reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.