Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Halvard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
I have LogMeIn Hamachi and LogMeIn (Remote control) and they both have a icon in the menubar. But my menu bare is starting to get filled up with icons and I want to remove those since I don't need them in a menu bar.

But they don't have that option in the preferences. So are there a way I can delete something in the library so that they will go away? :)
Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have LogMeIn Hamachi and LogMeIn (Remote control) and they both have a icon in the menubar. But my menu bare is starting to get filled up with icons and I want to remove those since I don't need them in a menu bar.

But they don't have that option in the preferences. So are there a way I can delete something in the library so that they will go away? :)
Thanks
Try right-clicking or Option-clicking the icon, to see if there's an option to remove it there. I'm surprised there isn't an option for that in LogMeIn preferences. If you don't need it to launch on startup, you can remove it from System Preferences > Accounts > youraccount > Login Items by selecting it and clicking the "-".

Edit: After doing a bit of searching, this appears to be an ongoing issue with LogMeIn. Just one more reason why I prefer TeamViewer.

Last edited:

ZeroForce

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Completely Deleting the App

After I deleted the app because it was complete garbage, I noticed that the offline icon was still in the menu bar.
So I went to Finder and typed in command shift G for "go" and typed in this: /Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/. Then I dragged the folder icon at the top next to the title to the trash.
This completely deleted it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.