Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:41 AM   #26
hulugu
macrumors 68000
 
hulugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: the faraway towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by skottichan View Post
Ugh...


Also, I love that my stupid little word makes everybody happy
It's a fantastic mix of syllables. Like douche-canoe.
__________________
I look like a soldier; I feel like a thief
hulugu is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:11 AM   #27
skottichan
macrumors 6502a
 
skottichan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Send a message via AIM to skottichan Send a message via MSN to skottichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
It's a fantastic mix of syllables. Like douche-canoe.
OMG... I actually started crying because I was laughing so hard. That is a beautiful word.
skottichan is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:20 AM   #28
vega07
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I saw the clips of Lisa Ling's Gods & Gays report and some of the experiences shared left me in tears.

I'm so thankful I didn't grow up hating myself, and I think it's because I lived in the right time when attitudes started to change and so I had an overwhelming amount of support when I came out. But I can't help to feel so sad for those that grew up in the 80s who actually sought out the pray away the gay therapy because they hated themselves that much.

I...can't even imagine.
vega07 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 07:49 PM   #29
dec.
macrumors 6502a
 
dec.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega07 View Post
I saw the clips of Lisa Ling's Gods & Gays report and some of the experiences shared left me in tears.

I'm so thankful I didn't grow up hating myself, and I think it's because I lived in the right time when attitudes started to change and so I had an overwhelming amount of support when I came out. But I can't help to feel so sad for those that grew up in the 80s who actually sought out the pray away the gay therapy because they hated themselves that much.

I...can't even imagine.
I absolutely I agree. I just read this passage of their "apology" on the organization's website and it just angers me that people actually have that much power over others that they can drive them into suicide without having to worry about any legal consequences.

"“More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God’s rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives."
__________________
Apple/Win/Linux stuff
dec. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:13 PM   #30
vega07
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec. View Post
I absolutely I agree. I just read this passage of their "apology" on the organization's website and it just angers me that people actually have that much power over others that they can drive them into suicide without having to worry about any legal consequences.

"“More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God’s rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives."
One of the guests brought up a very good point. These people basically operated a business and had a 99.99% failure rate. They should be sued into bankruptcy.

Last edited by vega07; Jun 25, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
vega07 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:54 AM   #31
Technarchy
macrumors 68040
 
Technarchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega07 View Post
One of the guests brought up a very good point. These people basically operated a business and had a 9.99% failure rate. They should be sued into bankruptcy.
90% success rate is successful.
Technarchy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:38 AM   #32
mcrain
Banned
 
mcrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
90% success rate is successful.
Unless the 10% you failed with have a massive suicide rate. Right?

(edit) Not to mention the fact that the 90% you succeeded with are still gay but found a way to live in denial. Well done! Yippie, that business was so successful!
mcrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:44 AM   #33
vega07
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
90% success rate is successful.
Corrected my post.
vega07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:40 AM   #34
Technarchy
macrumors 68040
 
Technarchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega07 View Post
Corrected my post.
I figured it was a typo.
Technarchy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Russian Skinheads Use Social Media To Lure And Torture LGBT Teens mentaluproar Politics, Religion, Social Issues 41 Jul 29, 2013 07:55 PM
Anti-LGBT Orgs Attempt Protest Outside HRC mentaluproar Politics, Religion, Social Issues 38 Jun 7, 2013 09:58 PM
Nevada Assemblyman Comes Out as Gay During Gay Marriage Debate bradl Politics, Religion, Social Issues 1 Apr 24, 2013 07:06 PM
Amazon runs new ad supporting LGBT community. chrf097 Politics, Religion, Social Issues 28 Feb 24, 2013 09:45 AM
LGBT Ugandans File Suit Against Antigay American Pastor Scott Lively leekohler Politics, Religion, Social Issues 30 Jan 8, 2013 06:12 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC