Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:41 AM   #26
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottichan View Post
Ugh...

Also, I love that my stupid little word makes everybody happy
It's a fantastic mix of syllables. Like douche-canoe.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:11 AM   #27
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to skottichan Send a message via MSN to skottichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
It's a fantastic mix of syllables. Like douche-canoe.
OMG... I actually started crying because I was laughing so hard. That is a beautiful word.
skottichan is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:20 AM   #28
vega07
macrumors 65816

I saw the clips of Lisa Ling's Gods & Gays report and some of the experiences shared left me in tears.

I'm so thankful I didn't grow up hating myself, and I think it's because I lived in the right time when attitudes started to change and so I had an overwhelming amount of support when I came out. But I can't help to feel so sad for those that grew up in the 80s who actually sought out the pray away the gay therapy because they hated themselves that much.

I...can't even imagine.
vega07 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 07:49 PM   #29
dec.
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega07 View Post
I saw the clips of Lisa Ling's Gods & Gays report and some of the experiences shared left me in tears.

I'm so thankful I didn't grow up hating myself, and I think it's because I lived in the right time when attitudes started to change and so I had an overwhelming amount of support when I came out. But I can't help to feel so sad for those that grew up in the 80s who actually sought out the pray away the gay therapy because they hated themselves that much.

I...can't even imagine.
I absolutely I agree. I just read this passage of their "apology" on the organization's website and it just angers me that people actually have that much power over others that they can drive them into suicide without having to worry about any legal consequences.

"“More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God’s rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives."
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:13 PM   #30
vega07
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec. View Post
I absolutely I agree. I just read this passage of their "apology" on the organization's website and it just angers me that people actually have that much power over others that they can drive them into suicide without having to worry about any legal consequences.

"“More than anything, I am sorry that so many have interpreted this religious rejection by Christians as God’s rejection. I am profoundly sorry that many have walked away from their faith and that some have chosen to end their lives."
One of the guests brought up a very good point. These people basically operated a business and had a 99.99% failure rate. They should be sued into bankruptcy.

Last edited by vega07; Jun 25, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
vega07 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:54 AM   #31
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
One of the guests brought up a very good point. These people basically operated a business and had a 9.99% failure rate. They should be sued into bankruptcy.
90% success rate is successful.
Technarchy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:38 AM   #32
mcrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
Unless the 10% you failed with have a massive suicide rate. Right?

(edit) Not to mention the fact that the 90% you succeeded with are still gay but found a way to live in denial. Well done! Yippie, that business was so successful!
mcrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:44 AM   #33
vega07
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
Corrected my post.
vega07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:40 AM   #34
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Corrected my post.
I figured it was a typo.
Technarchy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues