Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LokkJaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Hey guys, I've been working at this problem for two nights now... I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate on my 27" iMac. Currently, it has OS X 10.6.8. I have the same set up on my Macbook Pro. I used Bootcamp Assistant on the Macbook to easily install Windows. When I try and preform the same thing on the iMac, when promted to by Boot Camp Assistant, the Windows 7 DVD get ejected immidiately (after being spun and read for a few cycles). I know the drive is 100% fine as it reads DVDs with multiple data images on it, movies, pictures, etc. Also, I installed rEFit to see if I could get a direct boot prior to OS X opening up in-case there was a software issue leading to my problem - but unfortunately, since I dont have a directly connected keyboard, I cant "press any button to continue." I'm all out of ideas as to what could be causing this problem...

Thanks in advance,

Lokk

LokkJaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Also, even when not in Boot Camp - the iMac wont recognize the disk as anything, it is simply ejected...

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Also, even when not in Boot Camp - the iMac wont recognize the disk as anything, it is simply ejected...

Imac doesn't like the disc formatting on the DVD. It happens. Sometimes it's a flaky disc, sometimes it's a picky drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.