Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:52 AM   #51
coolspot18
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton70 View Post
Obviously, you've never travelled since if you had you'd realize that there are plenty of bad things, bad people, bad habits, atrocities etc etc etc the world over....none of which were caused, influenced, or attributed to in any way by the United States.
I did not say that other countries are perfect, I responded to the OP in saying that the stereotypes about America are backed by statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton70 View Post
Seriously, was your post a response to all those "Let's Invade Canada Day" jokes? It was a joke, we have absolutely no intention of invading you...none...lest we wish to threaten the flow of pop singers your country has to offer.
The United States has invaded Canada before - the War of 1812... is that even taught in US history classes? And there was also War Plan Red...

Last edited by coolspot18; Dec 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
coolspot18 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:04 AM   #52
GoldenJoe
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
When people line up in places like Sudan, Chad for UN delivered food it is very sad, but it has a profound purpose. This however, this western hysteria is a testament to how shallow societies are today, how stripped of any imagination, basic pride, self respect, value for the intellect the populace have grown to be, when the creative process has come to a complete halt. Brainwashing methods of gadget distribution to dumbed consumers. Apple should trick the masses and insert printed books into the bags.
Oh, I'm sorry. I must have missed the part where Sudan advanced science, medicine, and technology, raising the standard of living for the rest of the world, and generating enough wealth for its citizens that food and shelter became readily available.

I have a better idea than complaining about other peoples' privilege on the internet. Get off your high horse, show some respect for the west, and go out into the world and make a difference.
GoldenJoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:18 AM   #53
djstile
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiPi View Post
rational like killing school children and fire fighters with assault rifles?
Wow. Ignorance is bliss. Terrible people make terrible assumptions...
djstile is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:41 AM   #54
Konrad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJoe View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. I must have missed the part where Sudan advanced science, medicine, and technology, raising the standard of living for the rest of the world, and generating enough wealth for its citizens that food and shelter became readily available.

I have a better idea than complaining about other peoples' privilege on the internet. Get off your high horse, show some respect for the west, and go out into the world and make a difference.
Well, West is not exactly all alike everywhere. However since you so kindly mentioned food and shelter, perhaps someone should find a solution to Spring Street in Los Angeles, to homeless begging for a buck by people in just about every city in the US. JFK is a fantastic departure into a third world country coming from Munich, Warsaw, Zurich or London! Now, US due to its rather short spam should be viewed still as a European field operation which may, or may not succeed. Make an effort, on that horse of yours and compare era duration in Egypt, Greece, in Rome and now the one of your local mall and those accomplishments you are so proud of, and tell me - what you are going to do with China, filthy commodity rich Russia and the -an lands?
Konrad is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:57 AM   #55
skippymac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Crazy is indeed everywhere... It just occurs a lot more often in the US
I think crazy occurs at the same rate everywhere, but most countries don't let crazy people have guns!

Last edited by skippymac; Dec 27, 2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: fixed spelling
skippymac is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:15 PM   #56
mysticbluebmw
macrumors regular

Quote:
rational like killing school children and fire fighters with assault rifles?
You think you're funny? Do you enjoy bringing this disgusting kind of racism into the thread? Shame on you. Shame on you.
mysticbluebmw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:50 PM   #57
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to skottichan Send a message via MSN to skottichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticbluebmw View Post
You think you're funny? Do you enjoy bringing this disgusting kind of racism into the thread? Shame on you. Shame on you.
America isn't a race. If he(?) were following up with "and my country is awesomely amazing" then he'd be jingoistic. I'm an american and I'm disgusted with the out of control growth of shooting, waistlines and this whole "Murica, **** Yeah!" mindset.
skottichan is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:47 AM   #58
Happybunny
macrumors 68000

Just shows the state of the world when a thread about Japanese Lucky Bags (sounds a great idea), goes on to American Shootings in just a few posts.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:01 AM   #59
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticbluebmw View Post
Making legitimate criticism is not racist or even prejudiced.

If I criticise the catholic church for hating gay people I'm not being anti the catholic church - as that's actually what they think.

If Americans don't what to be criticised by the rest of the world for their crazy gun laws, then institute some sensible gun control so the massacres stop happening.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:36 AM   #60
NickZac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannnnn View Post
That's incredibly offensive.
It's a Japanese tradition and that is the reason they do it there and not here.
Agreed. I'm not sure why a Japanese tradition has become an anti-American outpost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouslives View Post
or our US troops kill tons of people in the Middle East every day, including women and children, but that doesn't make the news over here, because that's not what they want us to see. The US is likely responsible for millions of innocent lives, from invading foreign countries. But hey, it's not on Fox, or MSNBC, so it's not real, right?
And Middle Easterners have never killed anyone...? (and certainly not women or children...)
And other western nations have never conducted 'black operations'?
And the Middle East is known for it's exemplary record of dedication to human rights?...kind of like how there are no gay people in Iran because they are all dead?
Is the '9/11 is a conspiracy' talk next on the agenda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
And that's exactly what people like Assange want the world to know. All these atrocities have to be paid for. Shouldn't get away with things like this.
And only American 'atrocities' must be 'paid for' because no other nation has any issue with human rights violations?
Is the 'capitalism is evil' speech to follow the other guy's '9/11 is a conspiracy' talk?

People, what is going on here?!?!?! Hello?
NickZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:54 AM   #61
Mord
macrumors G4

Heh, reminds me of the "lucky bag" I bought at the london apple store 8 years ago.

it had:

1x isight, 1x airport express, keynote, ilife, bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth mouse, bluetooth usb adapter and probably a couple of other things I forget, a few of them had ipod minis iirc.
Mord is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues