Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:22 AM   #1
vowell1055
macrumors newbie

AirPlay PA app?

Is there an app out there that will allow you to use your iPhone's mic to broadcast live signal through AirPlay speakers? We have parties and gatherings at the house and I'd love to be able to use my iPhone for public address through my AirPlay enabled outside speakers. It seems like a simple enough app, so I'm surprised someone hasn't done it yet, though I'm not familiar with the limitations put on AirPlay in the SDK. So, if there's an app out there that does this, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!
vowell1055 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2011, 01:15 PM   #2
res1233
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vowell1055 View Post
Is there an app out there that will allow you to use your iPhone's mic to broadcast live signal through AirPlay speakers? We have parties and gatherings at the house and I'd love to be able to use my iPhone for public address through my AirPlay enabled outside speakers. It seems like a simple enough app, so I'm surprised someone hasn't done it yet, though I'm not familiar with the limitations put on AirPlay in the SDK. So, if there's an app out there that does this, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!
To my knowledge, this is indeed possible, although I know of no apps that do this. This does seem like an obvious feature however, so I'm sure it'll pop up eventually.

After a quick check, it seems that most of the megaphone/loudspeaker/PA system apps rely on plugging the system directly into the iPhone. That's one method if you're willing to lose the mobility.

Last edited by res1233; Apr 21, 2011 at 01:22 PM.
res1233 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:32 AM   #3
vowell1055
macrumors newbie

Bump. Anything show up in the last two years?
vowell1055 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Pocketsidewalk
macrumors newbie

I'm looking for the same thing.

It would be nice to be able to use your iPhone as microphone to make announcements over speakers connected via AirPlay.

Even better would be the ability to temporarily interrupt music that was playing in order to make the announcement. Then, after making the announcement, the music would continue playing.

+1
Pocketsidewalk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps