Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 21, 2013, 07:53 AM   #1
jmhillrph
macrumors newbie

poor responsiveness to swipe up

I have a new ipod touch 5th gen and installed ios 7- when I try to swipe up to access command center it is often non-responsive. It usually will take 2-5 swipes (sometimes it just takes one but it has taken as many as 22!). I have tried a reset (by shutting off and from settings) and a restore with no resolution. I assume this is neither normal nor common- is it?

There isn't an apple store nearby so I am thinking about returning to amazon for exchange. Is that what you would do or any other suggestions? Thanks.
jmhillrph is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 08:15 AM   #2
defunct32
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhillrph View Post
I have a new ipod touch 5th gen and installed ios 7- when I try to swipe up to access command center it is often non-responsive. It usually will take 2-5 swipes (sometimes it just takes one but it has taken as many as 22!). I have tried a reset (by shutting off and from settings) and a restore with no resolution. I assume this is neither normal nor common- is it?

There isn't an apple store nearby so I am thinking about returning to amazon for exchange. Is that what you would do or any other suggestions? Thanks.
22 swipes? Was your iPod responsive in the previous iOS? If it is then it's probably just iOS 7, you should also try some game apps or something to see if your touch screen is responsive to input/swipe. Don't be too hasty to do an exchange. Hopefully someone here has better suggestion and is able to help you out.
defunct32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:15 PM   #3
jmhillrph
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by defunct32 View Post
22 swipes? Was your iPod responsive in the previous iOS? If it is then it's probably just iOS 7...
It is actually brand new and I did the ios update when I was setting it up so I never operated under ios 6. It seems to work normally in every other way except the swipe up from bottom to top (e.g. if screen is rotated horizontal, the swipe up works fine)
jmhillrph is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Curttt
macrumors newbie

Same Problem Here. Must use thin edge of finger at very bottom of screen. Hope its a Bug which will be fixed ASAP. Also unable to resize lockscreen background image. 11 month old ipod touch 5th gen.
Curttt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 06:53 PM   #5
smirking
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to smirking
I'm having the same problem here on my iPhone 4s and it's because of the case that I have on it. The swipe up must really be influenced by your finger crossing over the border of the touch area on the bottom.

If I take the case off and swipe up, it triggers the command center with no difficulty.

I've also found that if I swipe up really fast a few times in a row while I have the case on, it seems to get the command center to activate as well... not the idea solution, but it beats having to take the case off every time or going without a case. I'd assume this is something that could be easily resolved with a software update.
smirking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 07:26 PM   #6
SandPebble
macrumors regular

Swipe up on 4S is very hit or miss.
SandPebble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 07:40 PM   #7
Plutonius
macrumors 601

I found it's also sensitive to the swipe speed.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 08:53 PM   #8
AppleMacDudeG4
macrumors member

issues with swipe up

I noticed the same issue with both my iPad4 and iPhone 5. It seems it is really low on the screen and since I have covers on both items, it is not so easy to get swipe to work.
AppleMacDudeG4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch