Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:30 PM   #51
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman06 View Post
Well based on previous android phones, the SGS3 blows those android phones away.
Do u own 1
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:58 PM   #52
tmoney82
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myiphone7 View Post
Well based on previous android phones the iPhone 5 blows it away.

First impressions are everything
Well based on previous Iphones, the GS3 blow the Iphone away!
tmoney82 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:13 PM   #53
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney82 View Post
Well based on previous Iphones, the GS3 blow the Iphone away!
Do u own 1
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:12 AM   #54
walie
macrumors 6502a

I love how the OP is challenging others on if they own a GS3 when he's basing his own impressions on a hunk of non-functional plastic.

And yes, I owned one, and a nexus one/s/galaxy nexus, and an iphone
walie is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:14 AM   #55
\-V-/
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
At first I was a bit confused at to why anyone would start a thread describing their experience with a dummy/toy phone.

Then I realised the OP is Myiphone7
And now the world is much clearer.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:21 PM   #56
Stuntman06
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Do u own 1
I own both an SGS3 and a previous Android phone and my wife used to own another previous Android phone. What about you? Do you own an SGS3?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:28 PM   #57
Jibbajabba
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdxgnd View Post
I had the real gs3. Just sold it on ebay. I have a iphone 4s and 5 as well. The gs3 isn't worth the hype in my opinion. Still had forcecloses on it. Yeah, it's pretty quick, but that doesn't mean crap if the app quits. It's still plastic. I had to purchase a replacement back from scratches. It still feels cheap in the hand to me. The iphone 5 feels like a sexy french girl. lol. Just my 2 cents.
Speaking of 2 cents, that is how much it costs to replace the plastic back on the S3 - good luck replacing the iPhone 5 back when you get sick of the scratches (which every phone gets, lets face it).
Jibbajabba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:29 PM   #58
F123D
macrumors 68040

Location: Rootmetrics.com Verizon 96.7 | AT&T 96.6 | T-Mobile 96.4
Quote:
First impressions are everything
Not if you're using a dummy phone.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:59 PM   #59
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
I own both an SGS3 and a previous Android phone and my wife used to own another previous Android phone. What about you? Do you own an SGS3?
Well then of course you'll be biased on an iPhone forum lol
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:44 PM   #60
mib1800
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It looks more like iphone users are much less knowledgeable about Android than the other way round. Iphone iOS has not changed much since the early days so much is known about it inside out.

But Android OS (and hardware) has changed and improved so much over the years that even some Android users have a tough time keeping up let alone Iphone users (who have more tendency to not see anything outside the Apple sphere).

So old stories like "android crashes" or "android lags" or "playstore sucks" etc are just OLD stories. But we still see a lot of these obsoleted points being used by iphone advocates.
mib1800 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:14 AM   #61
TroyBoy30
macrumors 65816

Play store has caught up as far as offering the same apps, but the quality of those apps is still way behind iOS
TroyBoy30 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:11 AM   #62
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mib1800 View Post
It looks more like iphone users are much less knowledgeable about Android than the other way round. Iphone iOS has not changed much since the early days so much is known about it inside out.

But Android OS (and hardware) has changed and improved so much over the years that even some Android users have a tough time keeping up let alone Iphone users (who have more tendency to not see anything outside the Apple sphere).

So old stories like "android crashes" or "android lags" or "playstore sucks" etc are just OLD stories. But we still see a lot of these obsoleted points being used by iphone advocates.
Well I think the main difference is first impression. iOS has been historically very smooth while android has built its foundation on instability. In iOS pinch to zoom has always been smooth but android laggy
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:16 AM   #63
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yQbf View Post
Sophisticated thick the Samsung overall body work, beautiful fashion, feel good, feel good, is the high cost of machines
Best post on this whole site. Ever.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:32 PM   #64
kicko
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Well I think the main difference is first impression. iOS has been historically very smooth while android has built its foundation on instability. In iOS pinch to zoom has always been smooth but android laggy
Is this thread really happening?
kicko is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:47 PM   #65
jsolares
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Agreed. I wish I got to play with the OS. I trust apple more. The iPhone 5 is clean. Plenty of features. More than you'll ever use on a regular basis. But very reliable.

You NEVER have to worry about the device itself, like

Why is it running so slow today? Or Why did it freeze? Why isn't that working?

It just always works. That's what I appreciate most.
I had an AT&T Galaxy S2 and experienced no such issues with it, granted i wasn't running stock but rather an AOKP build.

Would expect an S3 with better specs to run even better.

I'm missing google now.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:04 PM   #66
Stuntman06
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I also use iPhones at work. My wife has an iPhone which I set up for her. I have actually used both iPhones and Android phones and working models of both. I would think that I have a better idea of what I am talking about than someone who uses a working iPhone, but only held a dummy Android demo model.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:28 PM   #67
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
I also use iPhones at work. My wife has an iPhone which I set up for her. I have actually used both iPhones and Android phones and working models of both. I would think that I have a better idea of what I am talking about than someone who uses a working iPhone, but only held a dummy Android demo model.
Well not necessarily sometimes too much exposure to something can make one biased. Since I have used an iPhone for many years I would be biased. Same with android. But first impressions, those are often times most accurate.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:33 PM   #68
mib1800
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Historically maybe is true for Android. But not the present. There is really no difference in UI smoothness betw. S3 and ip5. Same goes for stability.
mib1800 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:48 PM   #69
someone28624
macrumors 6502a

I wanted to like the GS3 but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. It just felt cheap compared to an iPhone, being all plastic. Everything I read makes it sound like it's somewhat difficult to transfer photos to a Mac, especially compared to photo stream. I already have tons of iOS apps. I thought photo quality was much worse. I have yet to find a non-iPhone that has a touchscreen as responsive as an iPhone's.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:56 PM   #70
Stuntman06
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well not necessarily sometimes too much exposure to something can make one biased. Since I have used an iPhone for many years I would be biased. Same with android. But first impressions, those are often times most accurate.
Some of my first impressions of the iPhone has been rather frustrating. It was so difficult to transfer contacts from my wife's old Android phone to her iPhone. It was super easy to transfer contacts from my wife's old feature phone to her Android phone. The same thing for ring tones. Putting an MP3 ring tone on her and my Android phones was way easier than doing that on her iPhone.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:01 PM   #71
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Some of my first impressions of the iPhone has been rather frustrating. It was so difficult to transfer contacts from my wife's old Android phone to her iPhone. It was super easy to transfer contacts from my wife's old feature phone to her Android phone. The same thing for ring tones. Putting an MP3 ring tone on her and my Android phones was way easier than doing that on her iPhone.
Well then why did you buy an iPhone if you didn't like it lol
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:19 PM   #72
Stuntman06
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well then why did you buy an iPhone if you didn't like it lol
I didn't buy an iPhone. My father-in-law got one for free from his work. Since he and his wife already had iPhones, he gave it to my wife who was happy to get it. She loves the fact that she can buy different cases for it. That's her favourite feature of the iPhone. So, I had to move her contacts and ring tone over to her iPhone. It was a rather unnecessarily convoluted process to move contacts and ring tones.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:25 PM   #73
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
I didn't buy an iPhone. My father-in-law got one for free from his work. Since he and his wife already had iPhones, he gave it to my wife who was happy to get it. She loves the fact that she can buy different cases for it. That's her favourite feature of the iPhone. So, I had to move her contacts and ring tone over to her iPhone. It was a rather unnecessarily convoluted process to move contacts and ring tones.
Oh ok cool
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:25 PM   #74
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Do u own 1
s i own 1 of diz gs3
AutoUnion39 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices