Band Website Ideas/Critique - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 18, 2009, 04:04 PM   #1
SelfMadeCelo
macrumors regular

Band Website Ideas/Critique

Hey there. I've been working on this website the past couple days and because I've been staring at it for so long I kind of miss over some things. So I was hoping I could have some of you guys look over it and catch anything I missed.

The site is for a local band who's playing a show on Saturday and wants the website up before then. I've worked on it for about 7 hours lol. The entire site is based off Wordpress and right now is designed to be a one page site until I have more time and content to break it all up.

The site is here: http://www.crossingcaldwell.com

Anyways, if you guys want to check it out, and offer some advice/ideas/critique feel free. Thanks for looking and helping me out.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:31 PM   #2
RonCarr
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to RonCarr Send a message via Skype™ to RonCarr
Right off the bat I feel like the content needs a different background color than the body. This will allow the content to stand out more.

I'm not really feeling the stretched/flattened look of the headers.

The 'Send' buttons need more detail to them so they stand out more.

I know you said you would work on moving the content to additional pages but, this needs to be done soon. I do not like having to click 'back to top' or scrolling around on a really long page to find what I am looking for. The 'Contact' section really needs to be on it's on. It's not hard to add additional pages once you have the first one done.

The 'Upcoming Shows' section needs some attention. Instead of having the additional info under the city and venue try separating it into it's own columns.

More info in the footer would be a nice addition. I would move the social networking site icons into that area along with general contact info, such as an email address copyright info, additional links, etc.

Hope some of these ideas help. Good luck!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development