Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:27 AM   #26
Breezygirl
macrumors member

I mostly used screen protectors on all my iPhones (all 6 of them). The times I did not use them I got small scratches on the screen and I babied them.
Breezygirl is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:43 AM   #27
bowlerman625
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoyblazed View Post
isn't the iPhone 5's screen made of Gorilla Glass?
Yes, however Gorilla glass does not mean "unable to scratch" glass.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:50 AM   #28
Burton8219
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
I've owned every iPhone model through to the iP5.

Each has been carried in my left front pocket sans a case & without a screen protector. Not counting my iPhone 5, each of them are completely scratch free. Not even the tiniest of marks.

At work we have loads of iPhone 5 users. Most are scratched, yet those are pre-ordered, the ones purchased in the last 45 days are better.
Exact same scenario with me... Front left pocket, no case, no screen protector. I noticed this first with the 4S... My launch day 4S was much more easily scratched than the replacement unit I got months later when my sleep button stopped working. Kinda weird.
Burton8219 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:14 PM   #29
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutjosie View Post
I guess it's ones personal option when it comes to having a case and screen protector
Yup. Same as it ever was with any device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutjosie View Post
I wouldn't mind using a case or not but phones look fancy with a case
Depends on the case and personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPROX View Post
I have always gone naked,on my 4,4S and now 5-if you are careful enough,you won't get any scratches.
Care can help mitigate scratches but they're not a guaranteed prevention. Again, it's one's call as to what precautionary measure(s) that person is willing to take. Do whatever works for you. All this has been endlessly rehashed in every prior screen protector thread as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVallee View Post
When I asked about getting a my screen protector back the genius pulled off the protector, took out his keys, scratched up the screen of the old iPod and the wiped it away on his jeans. No scratches. Since then I stopped buying screen protectors and haven't had on on any of my iPhones. No scratches so far but I always keep it in one pocket with nothing else in it. No keys, no coins just incase.
The key test proves nothing. For a material to scratch another material it has be harder than the material you're trying to scratch. Keys are not harder than glass.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:01 PM   #30
MVallee
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi74 View Post
The key test proves nothing. For a material to scratch another material it has be harder than the material you're trying to scratch. Keys are not harder than glass.
Well I've gone 4 years with no screen protection on my iDevices and haven't got a single scratch. Keys and coins are what people usually carry in the purse/pockets so its a good real world test.
MVallee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:20 PM   #31
Thade
macrumors newbie

Bodyguardz pure is the fix for me. All the protection and noticeably more glide than the bare screen
Thade is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories