Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexO91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Today I was taking some snaps with my iPhone 5, I realised that when I zoomed in on an object and took the photo, it chopped the top of the picture off and added a bit to the bottom like it had done that myself. I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I might of accidentally change or something?

Can anyone help?

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Can you explain more about what happened or perhaps upload the picture you're referring to.

AlexO91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Can you explain more about what happened or perhaps upload the picture you're referring to.

This is a photo I've just taken. When I don't use the zoom the picture comes out fine but if I use even a little zoom it cuts the top off the object. I made sure that it isn't me and I hadn't accidentally moved the phone just before I pressed the shutter button.

I'm fair sure it never use to do that and there isn't many settings for the standard camera so I don't know what could have changed either. When I too the photo the object was equally spaced top and bottom but it still comes out like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.