Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brooka

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2011
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.....

I originally moved my entire itunes library over to a new mac and imported that into itunes 11. This gave me all my files and playlists as it was on my other computer and then I turned on itues match and it analyzed everything and it then kept my playlists such as recentley added as all the curent tracks I've just added from my old library. AS IN MY ENTIRE LIBRARY.....not the recentley added from my other itunes match on all my other computers. It thinks that the recentley added is my entire collection from the moved library.

Not only that when I put itunes match on it digs up old playlists for some reason!!!

All I want is my entitre library from my mac pro onto my new imac....as it was....nothing else.

I've trashed prefrences....reintalled itunes......turned itunes match on and off....restarted the computer....I'm running out of ideas?
Any ideas on how to just get it how it was on my old computer??

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.....

I originally moved my entire itunes library over to a new mac and imported that into itunes 11. This gave me all my files and playlists as it was on my other computer and then I turned on itues match and it analyzed everything and it then kept my playlists such as recentley added as all the curent tracks I've just added from my old library. AS IN MY ENTIRE LIBRARY.....not the recentley added from my other itunes match on all my other computers. It thinks that the recentley added is my entire collection from the moved library.

Not only that when I put itunes match on it digs up old playlists for some reason!!!

All I want is my entitre library from my mac pro onto my new imac....as it was....nothing else.

I've trashed prefrences....reintalled itunes......turned itunes match on and off....restarted the computer....I'm running out of ideas?
Any ideas on how to just get it how it was on my old computer??
Why did you enable iTunes Match in the first place? If I knew your reason for doing so, I could help more. As it stands now, the only suggestion I can offer is "turn iTunes Match off, delete the corrupted library completely, and repeat the copy job used to get it on your new computer".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.