Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Cubytus
macrumors 65816

How to boot and install Mountain Lion in VirtualBox 4.2.4 on OS X?

Hi, all,

I'm trying to get Mountain Lion to install and run on VirtualBox 4.2.4, and followed the instructions I could find. Most of Gogole's referenced page deal with running OS X on Windows, of which I don't care the least.

However, I keep on getting this, which is not an error, but as I understand, the vanilla Mountain Lion I got doesn't boot.

What am I not doing properly there?
Cubytus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:30 PM   #2
hochstrd
macrumors newbie

Convert .dmg to .cdr

I have been trying to install Lion into VirtualBox 4.2.6 and ran into the same screen. Converting the installer image from a .dmg to a .cdr (CD/DVD Master) using Disk Utility got me past that and let me get stuck at a different place. But at least it started running the installer before it just hung
hochstrd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion