Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Dec 12, 2014, 06:03 PM   #826
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
Thanks! Got the quest off the Hero Board in Stormwind and went to Hyjal. When I fly over Stormwind, I'm still amazed! Now, what's the easiest way back to Stormwind? Is it to fly over to Dark Shore and catch the boat? I read online that some players keep their Inn in Stormwind, and there is a pool somewhere in SW that will portal you back to Hyjal or is that to Vash?

Btw, I dropped by in Dalaran expecting to see daily dungeons, but they seem to have gone away... There was a guy there offering up Naxx.
I'm of a slightly different opinion. I would go to Vashj'ir and do the starting quest until you get the underwater mount. The starting cut scenes and the visuals make Vashj'ir a place you want to experience. As far as leveling, do it in Hyjal once you checked out Vashj'ir. Note - The hunter's ranged combat and pet make the 3D combat in Vashj'ir easy.

As far as getting back and forth,

1) Hyjal : Complete the starting quest and you should get a portal connecting your capital with Hyjal. There is also a flight point next to the starting building in Hyjal.

2) Vashj'ir: Complete the starting quest and you should get a portal connecting your capital to Vashj'ir. You also could actually survive a flying trip to the mainland from Vashj'ir.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2014, 08:25 PM   #827
koyoot
macrumors 6502

Ive just got 10 day trial from Blizz to try the Draenor. My god, how addictive the levelling is! One more quest, one more quest, all the time!

Garrison is fantastic addition to game, however i think that if you will run out of things to do in Garrison it will be boring as hell.

Graphical style is really god, however... Insanely GPU taxing on OSX.

MBP Mid 2012 with GT650M. Graphics set to Fair(2nd lowest setting) and 1440x900. I was building a Forge in Garrison, and the FPS was between 3 and 6. Yes, between three and six FPS.

It could be throttling however, but whole computer lagged insanely.

Anyways, one of best games right now on the market.
koyoot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2014, 06:28 AM   #828
Washac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyoot View Post
Ive just got 10 day trial from Blizz to try the Draenor. My god, how addictive the levelling is! One more quest, one more quest, all the time!

Garrison is fantastic addition to game, however i think that if you will run out of things to do in Garrison it will be boring as hell.

Graphical style is really god, however... Insanely GPU taxing on OSX.

MBP Mid 2012 with GT650M. Graphics set to Fair(2nd lowest setting) and 1440x900. I was building a Forge in Garrison, and the FPS was between 3 and 6. Yes, between three and six FPS.

It could be throttling however, but whole computer lagged insanely.

Anyways, one of best games right now on the market.
I just logged into the 10 day trial to try it out on my account but how do you get to the new stuff, all I have is an UPGRADE button to the left of character screen, and that takes me to my Battlenet account screen to buy the upgrade, so how do I try Draenor ?

Last edited by Washac; Dec 13, 2014 at 06:34 AM.
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2014, 07:11 AM   #829
koyoot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washac View Post
I just logged into the 10 day trial to try it out on my account but how do you get to the new stuff, all I have is an UPGRADE button to the left of character screen, and that takes me to my Battlenet account screen to buy the upgrade, so how do I try Draenor ?
Log into game, get on your 90th level character, you get the quest to go to Blasted lands, then you get another quest for going through Dark Portal, and you get an hour or so quest line-event for establishing you on Draeonor.

I was a bit sceptic about it, after 3 quests, but in the end its really great event.

And, like ive said, questing is addictive. You will not go past 90th level, cause exp bar will stop just 1 exp before 91st, but at least you will establish your garrison.
koyoot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2014, 09:34 AM   #830
Huntn
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
I'm of a slightly different opinion. I would go to Vashj'ir and do the starting quest until you get the underwater mount. The starting cut scenes and the visuals make Vashj'ir a place you want to experience. As far as leveling, do it in Hyjal once you checked out Vashj'ir. Note - The hunter's ranged combat and pet make the 3D combat in Vashj'ir easy.

As far as getting back and forth,

1) Hyjal : Complete the starting quest and you should get a portal connecting your capital with Hyjal. There is also a flight point next to the starting building in Hyjal.

2) Vashj'ir: Complete the starting quest and you should get a portal connecting your capital to Vashj'ir. You also could actually survive a flying trip to the mainland from Vashj'ir.
I've done Hyjal, was transported to Moonglade via the quest (from Stormwind) when I accepted transport from the ambassador to Moonglade. There was a dragon there waiting to take me to Hyjal, a short flight. Outside the Inn in Hyjal, I did see a portal back to SW but at that time I was not sure if that was something temporary a Mage had created. Then I saw one to Durator (I think). So now I'm thinking it is permanent. Back in SW I'm wondering if I have to speak with the ambassadors or if there is now a portal somewhere there? I'll figure it out, thanks!

----------

Restarting WoW for the third time although I acknowledge gameplay is highly repetitive, I'm just as amazed at how cool the environment can be. But sometimes not, as I did not enjoy Zul'Drak either time I quested there. The dark zones, are something to endure, but they do offer a change of pace from the rest of WoW goodness. My Paladin is at L80 and at some point I'll send him through Vash. If I get sucked into Pandaria, it could be a while before I make it to the latest expansion.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:16 PM   #831
Washac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyoot View Post
Log into game, get on your 90th level character, you get the quest to go to Blasted lands, then you get another quest for going through Dark Portal, and you get an hour or so quest line-event for establishing you on Draeonor.

I was a bit sceptic about it, after 3 quests, but in the end its really great event.

And, like ive said, questing is addictive. You will not go past 90th level, cause exp bar will stop just 1 exp before 91st, but at least you will establish your garrison.
Ah, there is the problem I have no 90th level character

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games