Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
hahaha yeh I fell for this one too. In my defence I leaned of a new product from it ;)

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
this thread is old but i wanted to comment on goo gone. i had sticker residue on a toshiba laptop and used goo gone to get it off. As I was wiping it I began to see silver on the cloth the color of the laptop lid. few minutes later the top of the plastic laptop actually started to break down and become distorted and wavy like it had melted. its powerful stuff. glass and aluminum is probably ok but i would most definitely not use it on anything plastic. just in case someone has a laptop or something they want to use it on. be careful it ruined mine.

Alheck

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2019
Just bought the 2010 21.5" like 10 hours ago. Love it so far. Was debating for weeks the new Macbook Pro but decided on this in the end. Out of the box there was a little bar code sticker right on top of the base stand beneath the screen. Peeled it off but it left that annoying sticker residue on the base. How can I remove it without scratching the aluminum, it's really on there.
Goo gone works perfect for that sticker residue! And it doesn’t ruin the aluminum

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Agreed
WD40 is also great for getting finger marks out of stainless steel things like oven doors.

Yes. Naphtha (the active ingredient) dissolves rubber residue. It also cleans the glass screen if the plastic coat leaves any residue.

I have Goo Gone as well but for little jobs, naphtha does the trick.
Optimistic of you to think they’ll respond after being gone from the forums for more than 5 years now.

Reactions: justperry
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.