Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipod touch4user

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
Title explains my problem.but to expand:
I connect my Ipod tpuch 4 via the wifi from my acer aspire E1 571,ipod stays conected with a strong signal all the time but when using web based apps(safari,facebook online games ect)I pfyen lose web access,again my wifi signal is not dropping out on the ipod/laptop and the laptop has allways got a good internet connection,I can solve this by disconecting wifi on the ipod the reconecting but this often
repeats every 5 minutes,sometimes longer than 5 mins AKA 1 hour,often less.
This doesnt happen out of the house,in bars ect but does at home & also the problem was MUCH worse when using a 300Mbps wireless n usb adapter from aqprox.....PLEASE HELP it will be hugly appreciated,thanks in advance from a new user.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Sometimes setting a static IP address helps. I had to do this on my old iPT. Is it jailbroken? If yes, did it happen before the jailbreak?

Ipod touch4user

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
Just read your reply(2:30am here)will give it a go tomorow night,when get in from work,many thanks and keeping my fingers crossed. On another subject & by way of offering you possible thanks; have you tryed the free xbmc down load and plug in for free & legal pay to veiw tv channels & film networks?I love it!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.