Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:24 AM   #1
lukin
macrumors regular

iTunes Radio Station Mix

Perhaps I'm trying to force Pandora-like behavior, and this can be achieved differently, but I'm looking for a way to mix radio stations in iTunes Radio.

In Pandora, you can choose 'mix' and then choose the radio stations you want to mix. In iTunes radio, I can't find a way to do that. What I can seem to do is add more artists to a certain station, which isn't what I want to do. For example, I have Pearl Jam radio and want to mix it with Radiohead radio. Pandora will keep the stations separate so I can play either Pearl Jam or Radiohead, but iTunes radio makes me add Radiohead to the Pearl Jam station, which I don't want to do because at some point I will want to just listen to PJ.

Any tips?
lukin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:06 PM   #2
lukin
macrumors regular

I'm going to answer my own question in case someone else is looking for the same functionality I was.

Turns out you can actually add the same station more than once, then customize one. To continue my example, I just added a 2nd Pearl Jam radio station, then went in and did 'Add an Artist or Song' and added Radiohead, among other artists I wanted to mix in. Then I renamed the station to indicate it was a mix. Perfect!

Enjoying iTunes radio so far. Seems to have a far better selection than Pandora where I'd end up hearing the same songs over and over day in and day out.
lukin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 05:03 PM   #3
mic j
macrumors 68000

It would be "very good" if they had a shuffle function like Pandora.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store