Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How mane YES did you answer?

• One

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Two

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Three

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • More than three

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don't drink

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I don't drink at all. There's an alcoholic family history on both sides of my family that has caused a lot of damage. For me it's just a personal choice not to partake.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
The test doesn't work anymore but yeah personally I think I drink a lot and would likely drink more if I could afford it

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I drink extremely infrequently, and then in small quantities.

The very occasional glass of good wine, or a tot of single malt scotch.

I drink for taste, not for effect.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Being in college in Wisconsin, it's hard NOT to drink. At school I drink quite a bit on the weekends (too busy during the weekdays usually, unlike my roommates haha), but when I'm home for the summer I rarely ever drink. Nice to take a break from it!

thatgirl87

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2013
Not often. It's fun to get drunk when I do drink, but I don't have the desire to drink alcohol much.

CaptHenryMorgan

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2013
The District
5th of Captain Morgan, and maybe a bottle of wine a day (wine usually starts in the evening). I start in the morning as it helps me focus and get great work done. I've knocked out a ton of projects that my clients love while just on the edge of buzzed. Love working from home. I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a professional of Irish and German descent who grew up in certain midwest state known for beer. My Irish grandfather drank twice what I do on a daily basis for over 50 years, and lived to 102. Gods I miss that man.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm nearing my 30's and I only started a year ago. Was always scared about drinking due to a bad experience I had with it when I was 15, but my career went crazy and I got to travel around the world giving interviews and demoing my work, and everyone around me would be drinking something.

Maybe because of being a late bloomer I have a different experience to its effects. I find it very good at getting me to focus on something I normally wouldn't like (people I don't connect with, boring films etc), it makes me wake up extremely positive and I only need a couple of hours sleep if I've been drinking, it makes me work really fast. Never had a hangover.

It's not much though: I'll have 3-5 small whisky shots in a session, or a couple of glasses of wine. Once every 2 weeks.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I try to keep it to one night a week, Friday or Saturday. I never drink Monday through Thursday (cannot stand working hungover). I try to keep it to one night a weekend, but back to back nights have been known to happen. Typical night would be 4-6 beers, 3-4 mixed drinks, 1-2 shots...something along those lines, sometimes less sometimes more. I'm from WI as well and drinking is pretty deeply engrained in the culture here.

woolyback

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
England
Most nights; 4 or so cans or maybe a bottle of wine.

Don't go out anywhere near as often as I used to (family life thankfully) and I'm not pub fit but do enjoy the very occasional big blow out, normally around a big sporting event - cant beat a rugby international for all day drinking :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.