Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulTokyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Hi All
Since upgrading to 6.0.1 I haven't been able to use LTE mode. 3G works fine.
The error is:
Could not activate cellular data network.
You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.

I definitely do have a LTE plan as it was all fine before the 6.0.1 upgrade.

Searching google has shed no real help and was wondering if anybody has experienced this and has a resolution before I call SoftBank Japan and waste a couple of hours with the most incompetent people imaginable.

Thanks
Paul

----------

Btw I have done hard reset, reset network setting etc. and still no good. Restore is not something I want to do at this stage.

PaulTokyo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Hi All
Since upgrading to 6.0.1 I haven't been able to use LTE mode. 3G works fine.
The error is:
Could not activate cellular data network.
You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.

I definitely do have a LTE plan as it was all fine before the 6.0.1 upgrade.

Searching google has shed no real help and was wondering if anybody has experienced this and has a resolution before I call SoftBank Japan and waste a couple of hours with the most incompetent people imaginable.

Thanks
Paul

----------

Btw I have done hard reset, reset network setting etc. and still no good. Restore is not something I want to do at this stage.
Image attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 117

banex

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2012
Same here. No LTE at all on Softbaka. I spoken to them they told me to bring it to the store. I had this issues when I changed my plan to tethering but perhaps I didn't realize due to iOS6.0.1. I read other thread they mention due to APN setting. I am not certain but sounds about right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.