Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
So, Mac App Store says 1 OSX update available.

I see it's the RAW compatibility package, so I click "upgrade"

Then I see it also says ", iTunes 11"

Too late.

I DID NOT WANT ITUNES 11.

This is BS. With Software Update one could choose which components to install, and Mac App Store gave the impression it was the same.

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
So, Mac App Store says 1 OSX update available.

I see it's the RAW compatibility package, so I click "upgrade"

Then I see it also says ", iTunes 11"

Too late.

I DID NOT WANT ITUNES 11.

This is BS. With Software Update one could choose which components to install, and Mac App Store gave the impression it was the same.

It did not behave that way for me. I clicked the update and it expanded to show the individual components.

cube

Suspended
Original poster
May 10, 2004
It did not behave that way for me. I clicked the update and it expanded to show the individual components.

I clicked "update". I did not know you could expand an update, much less that an item could be multiple.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
It's not sneaky, just poorly designed. 'Sneaky' implies they put any thought into it.

I also hate the way they don't show how big an update will be until you start downloading it. It's not exactly superfluous information, and would hardly hurt anyone or anything to quote the file size, like they always did/do on their website for update downloads, and indeed in the Software Update app window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.