Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

violetcrumble

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Based on hours of research and forums on user experience, ordered the U2412M. Display is here, and I expect the mini-display to DVI adapter will make it go (or I'll be back here trying to figure out why not! :)

One thing I don't understand is why the USB connection is required. Never needed USB for any other external display. What's the diff if it's used or not?

Thanks.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Based on hours of research and forums on user experience, ordered the U2412M. Display is here, and I expect the mini-display to DVI adapter will make it go (or I'll be back here trying to figure out why not! :)

One thing I don't understand is why the USB connection is required. Never needed USB for any other external display. What's the diff if it's used or not?

Thanks.

Display has a 4-port USB 2.0 hub. The USB connection just allows the hub to interface with your computer. You don't need it if you choose not to use the hub feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.