Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I just updated my parents to iPhone from Blackberry. What is the best way to setup their devices as it relates to apple ID's? My mom will be the one taking all of the pictures and they both will have very limited music on their devices. My dad wont even have an email account (unless I can put their combined Gmail account on both devices) and my dad isnt on FB. How would you setup?

ml.sail1

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Pittsburgh
I would suggest making them one Apple account using the shared gmail account (you have to have the email address to create an apple account), then yes, you can put the gmail account under email on both devices. They should even be able to facetime each other using their phone numbers.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I set my folks up with Apple IDs and email accounts; added their credit cards to buy stuff and picked them a password that's secure while easy for them to remember (because taping it to the back of the phone would defeat the purpose of having a password).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.