Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chedv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Hi All,

I've searched all over but I cannot not get this figured out. When I'm using my 2012 iMac I select airplay mirroring (at the top right) to my apple tv. The video and the sound transfer to my TV/Apple TV. I still see the video portion on the iMac. However, I don't get sound on the iMac, only on the TV. Is there a setting where the iMac and the TV show both the video and play the sound?

Thanks!

Last edited:

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
when you click on the airplay button in itunes, a menu drops down and you can select multiple instead of single, try that. i cant remember if ive ever done it with video though...

chedv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Yes, that works for the audio in iTunes. I can select both the Apple TV and iMac under the "Multiple" heading and audio comes out of both. However, when I'm actually Mirroring, I can only get audio out of one or the other. Not both?

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Yep...afaik, that's the way it is.

I do that with a live stream of my AFL games here in Singapore. Sound and vid to TV, but sound drops off the iMac. Never looked at it as a flaw though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.