Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2006
I recently received a iPod touch and I love it. I just wish I had bought an iPhone instead. So I was wondering, where do I sell my iPod touch? I always see people on the forums talking about selling their Macs, iPods, etc. but I don't really know where. Ebay? Does the Apple Store take them (if so, for how much?)? I would plan on buying the iPhone when a 3G model (perhaps 16GB) was announced. Thanks.

ZeratulsAvenger

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2005
No, Apple will not pay for your iPod. They would probably help you recycle it, but not buy it back.

You can sell it on a site like Craigslist(for local listings and no fees), or eBay(fees), or a forum like MacRumors. There is also this site (http://www.nextworth.com/ipod/index.php) that you can use; I've never used it but google gave me that when I searched.

It's easiest to just find a friend or do Craigslist I think.

tennisplaayer11

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2007
I'd try Craigslist, it's a lot more local and you don't have to pay any fees for shipping, etc. I sold my old iPod touch case on craigslist and it worked pretty well.

quicklook2

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2007
lakewood, ohio
I recently received a iPod touch and I love it. I just wish I had bought an iPhone instead. So I was wondering, where do I sell my iPod touch? I always see people on the forums talking about selling their Macs, iPods, etc. but I don't really know where. Ebay? Does the Apple Store take them (if so, for how much?)? I would plan on buying the iPhone when a 3G model (perhaps 16GB) was announced. Thanks.

you love it, you want not just the iphone but the NEXT iphone and you think that apple would buy it back!!!!

i want some of what you are smoking.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2006
you love it, you want not just the iphone but the NEXT iphone and you think that apple would buy it back!!!!

i want some of what you are smoking.

Wow- people really need to start being nicer on these forums...I was just wondering if Apple would give me CREDIT for my touch and I would BUY the iPhone when it is updated. Is that really unbelievable?

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2006
And thank you to everyone who helped! I put it on Craig's List to see what offers I can get.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
I;m sorry to say that there really is no special place to go...

The market place here will proably get you a good few bucks, if not craigslist or ebay

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
after just a few weeks use, the back of mine looks like its been through he'll and back. Tough to sell used I'd bet.

ZeratulsAvenger

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2005
after just a few weeks use, the back of mine looks like its been through he'll and back. Tough to sell used I'd bet.

You'd be surprised. As long as the front is in fine shape and you haven't dropped it or anything, iPods of all sorts can still sell for a good part of what they were purchased for (assuming you aren't selling 4 years later). I think just about any iPod owner knows the back of the iPod is going to get hairline scratches unless it was protected from day 1.

It's all a matter of finding someone willing to pay the price.

xxkingus12xx

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2009
I might buy it.

Just email me at brandonfromhouston@hotmail.com:)
You should probably just post it on ebay and I will just buy from there.
also how much do you want for it?
Please send a pic if possible.
I was thinkin 70- 120 $ price range but that depends on the condition;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.