Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Sep 10, 2013, 08:39 AM   #1
MyRomeo
macrumors 6502

ios7 ad-hoc (device to device) wifi connection problems?

Hi,

Just a quickie, does anyone know if wifi ad-hoc connectivity has been changed in ios7?

I have a wifi adapter in my car that I use for OBDII data connectivity on iPhone and iPad by setting a device to device wireless connection up with static IP/subnet.

This worked no bother in ios6 but with the beta builds of ios7 whilst I get the tick next to the SSID I can not connect to the dongle. I do not get the wifi signal icon appear either.

I do notice that the device is now recognized under 'Devices' in wifi rather than under available networks.

Anyone have any idea if this is just a beta bug or if apple have changed the basics of how the phone works for ad-hoc connections and as such have rendered my connection impossible?

thanks
MyRomeo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7