Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
I've been asked to work on an animation presentation project. Normally I'd work in Flash and export as mp4 if needed. Because the project is associated with Microsoft, I've been asked to use Movie Maker only. Is this feasible? I've never used it. The animation would only involve flat vector graphics, no film clip footage/bitmaps.

I looked at the features of Movie Maker "time line narration, effects, audio track, transitions, titles and credits", and these seem suited to just manipulation of film clips. Is there an alterative that Microsoft produces?

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Not that I know of. Windows Movie Maker is considerably less functional than iMovie, and even iMovie doesn't let you do animation past Ken Burns and the like. I might look at something called Microsoft Photo Story, though it's not likely that would work.

A very interesting request, though. It doesn't seem like they know what they're taking about, unless I'm misunderstanding the situation. It's like being asked to give someone a haircut with a spoon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.