Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
Hi, I've a problem with making a playlist for my TV Shows. If someone has ideas or know a fix please do share, much thanks and appreciate it!

Ok, I've 2 TV Shows, let's call it "A Show" and "B Show," A Show here has 4 episodes, while B has only 1 episode, I like to arrange them in folders so it doesn't get jumbled together in one long playlist or something, so what I did was Google and found a solution which worked for me just fine.

Just to clarity a bit more on "arrange them in folders" I do not exactly mean playlist like how you do with songs in the music app, I mean via this method:

Right-click > Get Info > Options > Media Kind: TV Show.

So far that's the only way to get my TV Shows and Movies separated in the Video app!

The problem is if I transfer (manual, drag and drop, no syncing) A Show which has 4 episodes it will show up on my iPod just fine but the moment I transfer B Show, A Show was split in two, yes, I've two playlists of the "A Show". The playlist willl look something like this:

A Show
(4 Episodes)

B Show
(1 Episode)

A Show
(4 Episodes)

When it is supposed to look like this:

A Show
(4 Episodes)

B Show
(1 Episode)

But when I delete B Show (the entire playlist/video, full complete delete).

Both A Show will merge into one.

This is annoying, does this happened to anyone else? Is this a glitch? I've tried everything possible, re-tagging them in iTunes, close and open iTunes, power off my iPod and then turning it on, still the same.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.