Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:06 PM   #26
bluespark
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiAdventure View Post
Why would anyone buy the iPad mini as the next iPad will be smaller with the same size screen and lighter.
Because the mini is even smaller and even lighter. For some of us, that's a big deal.
bluespark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:50 PM   #27
BerlingerT
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to BerlingerT
Display size and keyboard size. People with big hands could never hope to type on the keyboards optimized for the iPad Mini. There is also the concern with the screen size. Some people cannot see small text as well and others who have eye issues in the first place need larger displays so they don't strain their eyes.

I do agree that the iPad Mini is more useful and convenient than the full-sized iPad. I use mine at work every day. But, I do know why some people don't want one or shouldn't use one, as opposed to a full-sized iPad.
BerlingerT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 01:07 PM   #28
s2mikey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlingerT View Post
Display size and keyboard size. People with big hands could never hope to type on the keyboards optimized for the iPad Mini. There is also the concern with the screen size. Some people cannot see small text as well and others who have eye issues in the first place need larger displays so they don't strain their eyes.

I do agree that the iPad Mini is more useful and convenient than the full-sized iPad. I use mine at work every day. But, I do know why some people don't want one or shouldn't use one, as opposed to a full-sized iPad.
Convenient? Yes. More portable? Sure. More useful? No

For me, I just like the solid feeling of the full size iPad and that screen. 9.7 inches is perfect for me. Phones and their screens are unusable to me and the mini, while a great product just wouldnt cut it.
s2mikey is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 01:42 PM   #29
The Economist
macrumors regular

My dad tried both a mini and an iPad 2 and he preferred the 2 because of its size. He uses it as his only computer now: for work e-mail, reading news, playing games, FaceTime and Netflix. He also looks up recipes quite often.
The Economist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 01:48 PM   #30
FlatlinerG
macrumors 6502a

I use my iPad 2 every day. It's great for cooking, Netflix, light browsing, and simple games like Plants vs. Zombies. Don't really need the other features/benefits of the iPad mini or 4th gen.
...and many more.
FlatlinerG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 09:15 AM   #31
BerlingerT
macrumors member

Send a message via Yahoo to BerlingerT
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Convenient? Yes. More portable? Sure. More useful? No

For me, I just like the solid feeling of the full size iPad and that screen. 9.7 inches is perfect for me. Phones and their screens are unusable to me and the mini, while a great product just wouldnt cut it.
It depends on the person, I suppose. I use my Mini for pretty much everything that I don't require my laptop to do. The smaller screen of the Mini is fine for me. Though, I am accustomed to using smaller screens. Aside from my current one, all of my previous laptops have been netbooks with small screens, along with gaming on portable devices with small screens, like the DS, PSP, and Vita.

As long as you're happy, though.
BerlingerT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 09:31 AM   #32
winston1236
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyr6 View Post
It makes no sense then that they kept the iPad 2 which has the same specks as the iPad Mini but discontinued the iPad 3 which only came out 7 months ago.

Dish Network sells ipad 2's with their "Hopper" package so they might as well keep it around if they are selling tons to Dish anyway.
winston1236 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 03:30 AM   #33
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Just bought new case for my Ipad 2 yesterday so i think i will stick with it for quite a long while.

the good? Ipad 2 can use Ipad 3/ Ipad 4 case, there are plenty to choose from. Ipad mini shouldn't even need a case. Why would u want a stand up case for a light 8 inch tablet. I used to own a playbook so i know what small screen really means. Ipad 2 screen is perfect size, u can pretty much use it as laptop replacement.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad