Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:54 PM   #51
Krazy Bill
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetsnazos View Post
The technology is not there yet for convertibles...don't even get me started on how unproductive these things are. It's great if you want to view facebook all day and maybe write a word doc for your psychology class..
One could say the same about the iPad.

I've been toying with somebody's Surface Tablet (RT obviously). Aside from the stupid ARM limitations, it's kind of nice. MS has licensed some of Apple's gesture technology. Also played with a Lenovo Yoga. I can see ditching an iPad/MBA combo for just one of these by the next iteration of this device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haifisch View Post
Not true. I do get the spinning beach ball from time to time, but nothing like XP used to. Things maybe different for Win 7 and 8. And maybe it's because I didn't defrag or clean registry or do those maintenance stuff that XP needed.
I have not had a Windows 7 "issue" for over a year. And honestly... I can't remember ever having a serious problem with XP either.

Just keeping things in perspective. Too much childish Apple worship around here at times.
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:13 PM   #52
sostoobad
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haifisch View Post
What would you pay to not see this every other day for the next 5 years?
BINGO...freeze ups, crashes, viruses....ALL OBSOLETE. I am not a computer savvy guy, but when I look at them I immediately pick out the problems, and windows is at the head of the class.

What I want...at the very least from my computer....is to use it without interruption...like a LAND LINE, not a cel phone, solid clicks...I can't stand the slowwwww and scroollllll etc, slow turn ons etc... I am a drummer, and drums like computers have a priority...in drums if the kick drum doesn't do it for you

YOU STOP RIGHT THERE. If the computer has viruses, freeze ups, crashes and that stupid box..YOU STOP RIGHT THERE. All the specs after that mean Nada !

So for me, if you handed me a windows based machine for free, I would hand it back to you...pronto!!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Bill View Post
One could say the same about the iPad.

I've been toying with somebody's Surface Tablet (RT obviously). Aside from the stupid ARM limitations, it's kind of nice. MS has licensed some of Apple's gesture technology. Also played with a Lenovo Yoga. I can see ditching an iPad/MBA combo for just one of these by the next iteration of this device.

I have not had a Windows 7 "issue" for over a year. And honestly... I can't remember ever having a serious problem with XP either.

Just keeping things in perspective. Too much childish Apple worship around here at times.
The fact that windows is STILL prone to viruses...makes it totally OBSOLETE
Like I said for FREE....I still have less than NO interest in it.
sostoobad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:56 PM   #53
Wicked1
macrumors 68040

I see the light on the issue now...

Windows folks will defend Windows verse Mac because they do not like Macs and think they are better, either way they just prefer windows, I have heard all the excuses when talking to friends.

Mac guys just think Macs are better and PC's stink

They you have those who go either way or convert Mac to PC or vice versa.

In any case it will be hard to convince the other of a way to go.

I am a Mac fan but use Windows 7 at work.

The way I put a lid on the whole issue with friends and family is being the IT guy, I told them since no one includes media with the new Windows machines, I can not easily reload a machine if they get a spyware or adware/virus and if they get one and the system has to be reloaded, to call their laptop mfg for how to and do it themselves. Then once they are done and no matter how bad it is, they will say it wasn't bad, I just show them my 13" MBP show them the backup, then show them what happens when I install a new HDD, and have to restore everything from time machine. Once they see if takes literally one hour to replace and restore the proof is in the amount of work it takes.

I have converted some friends and some just will not convert, but I no longer will deal with windows for family and friends because it just takes too much time to troubleshoot.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:06 PM   #54
sostoobad
macrumors regular

Thats my look at it...its called TIME...and the amount of TIME that I have wasted on windows....is huge....no thanks, just not interested...even if you paid me.
sostoobad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:15 PM   #55
tejota1911
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olber237 View Post
Hi guys,
Just wanted to know if given a chance anyone would consider buying a windows laptop the next time,,

Regards,

No.
tejota1911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro