Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyle777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
New York
This is my first time on the forum so hopefully I'm presenting this question correctly!

I'm currently a freshman in college and at the end of the semester I'll be transferring into a broadcasting degree in another college. I've been thinking about buying the 15" Macbook Pro retina but have done some research and have been thinking about buying a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air.

Specs I'd get...

Macbook Pro retina 15":
i7 processor 2.6 ghz
16 gb RAM
256 gb SSD storage

-OR-

Mac Mini:
i7 processor 2.6 ghz
16 gb RAM
1 TB Fusion Drive

AND

Macbook Air 13":
i7 processor 2.0 ghz
8 gb RAM
256 gb SSD storage

Price isn't too much of an option to me. I will use it for Final cut pro X, Photoshop CS6, Pro Tools 10, Microsoft office, general browsing, and Minecraft map making. Also over the summer I will be traveling a lot, but once school starts I should stay put for the semester.

I figure if I got the Mac Mini and Macbook Air, that I could use the Mini for editing and the air for general activities and office.

I have a little while to decide but let me know what would be the better choice or if I should look into something else.

Thank you guys so much!!

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
FCP and Photoshop make me scream "MBP." I don't do multimedia work, but somehow I doubt the Intel chips would be very useful for those two applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.