canzil
macrumors member

I use Box4world
canzil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2013, 08:38 PM   #103
DorisDee
macrumors newbie

I use US Global Mail instead

tried MyUS a while ago but the customer service their sucked. plus they added a whole bunch of little fees on my bill which were not shown upfront.
switched to usglobal mail and have been a happy camper since. they let me see photos of all my boxes for free (unlike myus and bongo) and i feel much better seeing that box from Apple is there in my box.

plus i can write my own customs declarations- which is a huge help with custom duties.

i have been using them for 2 yrs now and have been happy with the service.
HTH.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alixynong View Post
who know about www.nybox.com ?
i have buy item about 664$
this website is safe or scam?
never heard of them. i would use a reputable site only. check BBB ratings.
i use usglobalmail.com and they have an A+ rating. and they work out well for me.
DorisDee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:20 AM   #104
jason.l.t.
macrumors newbie

Bongo sucks big time...

I've been a loyal Bongo customer for up to 3 years now.
But after the first year of excellent service, it just started to go downhill from there onwards, year after year.

I'm a frequent and heavy shopper and has shipped tons of stuffs from US to Malaysia.

First case, they lost my item in my inventory.
Second case, (and up until now too) they seem to not know how to ship in appropriate box sizes. One time, my box is so long and big some more, that it got damaged and an item inside was missing.

Most recent one was, they did not inform me about my items being in storage for slightly longer, and they decided to purge all my items without my knowledge, resulting in me losing US$1,000 worth of goods in my inventory. They will not reimburse me a single cent or even some compensation, because of their failure to send out a warning email to inform me of the situation before they decided to empty my inventory, 3/4 of it were cleared out by them. What an ass!!!

They used to inform me before, last year, about items being in inventory, after the free 21 days storage, they sent me an email warning, in which i promptly address it and have all my items shipped out, before they decided to discard everything off my inventory.

I paid US$15 every month for a better service at least. I will be changing forwarding agent very soon. And I definitely do not recommend Bongo to anyone wishing to join. I agree to other people's comments too. They are lousy and charges very expensive too.
jason.l.t. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 04:34 PM   #105
Barney63
macrumors 6502a

If you use one of these services, do you have to pay any sales tax on a rMBP or do you just pay what it shows in the online store?

Barney
16GB iPhone 5 and 5s 16GB iPad (Gen 3 and Gen 4)
Barney63 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2014, 06:04 AM   #106
Barney63
macrumors 6502a

I understand the MyUS fees, what I want to know is do Apple just charge $2699 for the rMBP or is it $2600 + sales tax?
How much is the sales tax?

Barney
16GB iPhone 5 and 5s 16GB iPad (Gen 3 and Gen 4)
Barney63 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:17 PM   #107
happysteph321
macrumors newbie

As many others have said, I used MyUS but after a while service got worse.

Recently I used myMallBox.com to ship shirts for my sister. I think they were pretty new at the time but the customer service wasn't bad and the shipping prices were low.
happysteph321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:33 AM   #108
FriednTested
macrumors regular

Any reliable websites to ship from the UK to India?
FriednTested is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 01:39 PM   #109
rchamb
macrumors newbie

sales tax questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney63 View Post
I understand the MyUS fees, what I want to know is do Apple just charge $2699 for the rMBP or is it $2600 + sales tax?
How much is the sales tax?

Barney
Sales tax will depend on where you have it shipped int the U.S.

I just ordered an iPhone 6 and didn't pay U.S. sales tax.. That is with Stackry..
rchamb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:05 PM   #110
0ocheo0
macrumors newbie

Possibly the WORST experience with MyUs.com

I purchased a hat(about $40) from retailer in US and they recommended MyUs.com for shipping destination service provider so that I can receive my purchase to where I live in which is Toronto, Canada. I had to pay $10 to have an account with them. I, however, requested return the item back to sender as soon as realized that I ordered the wrong size. They seemed like they care about my request. They asked for return shipping label and all that. It, however, turned out disastrous.

Here are few reasons I DO NOT recommend MyUs.com;

First, they do not care about your request.
They did not return the item back to sender but send it to me and charged more than $80. I sent them an email asking can they return the item back to retailer in US if I don't collect the item. They did not respond until UPS send it back to Myus.com.

Second, it seems that their workers don't communicate at all. They send reply by several individuals and they request same information multiple times which leads to confusion and wasting time.

Third, they try to take an advantage of customer by threatening for more charges.
After a long wait, their email suggestion was arrived and it was ridiculous. They suggest me to receive the item otherwise I'll be charged for return shipping as well.

Last but not least, they do not inform you before you are in trouble.
Following are part of their response regarding my case.

"I do apologize that you were not informed of this when you were spoken with before."

"I do apologize that when you spoke with us before that your shipping schedule was not changed to accommodate for this package needing to be returned."

So far, I paid $90 for registration fee ($10) and shipping ($80) and have to pay additional $80 for return shipping for $40 hat.

Can it be any worse than this?

I DO NOT recommend MyUs.com to be your shipping destination service period.
0ocheo0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice