Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christiank9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at iPhone 5 battery cases to extend the life of my phone. It seems to me most of the options are still pretty bulky and I need something slim. I found one, but it doesn't have a lot of reviews. It's this one.

http://amzn.com/B00A6YEUXI

I found a few videos online about it but I'm not really convinced yet. I like how sleek it is and I've heard good stuff about this company. Thoughts?

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Last I heard Mophie is due to have theirs out in time for the holidays. If you can wait a little longer I'd recommend waiting for Mophie.

kbright1892

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
I don't like that it doesn't have any coverage on the side and you have to remove it to use the headphone jack. That's a deal breaker for me. I'm impatiently waiting for Mophie. Had one on my last 2 iPhones and always had great luck with them.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at iPhone 5 battery cases to extend the life of my phone. It seems to me most of the options are still pretty bulky and I need something slim. I found one, but it doesn't have a lot of reviews. It's this one.

http://amzn.com/B00A6YEUXI

I found a few videos online about it but I'm not really convinced yet. I like how sleek it is and I've heard good stuff about this company. Thoughts?

No matter what it will be somewhat bulky. Even the JP Air. They usually make it so you can charge at least up to 80% of your battery. Also note that a % of charge is lost in the transfer so it's not like a 1500 mah pack will charge exactly 100% of a iphone 5 batterh.

I am with you though, it would be nice if they made just a small battery case about 30-40% charge just to get you over the hump and as slim as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.