Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wedelgaard

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hillerød, Denmark
Hi all,

I got a bit tired of my old portfolio, and decided to make a new responsive one.

Let me hear what you think of it. Constructive criticism is very welcome :)

http://wedelgaard.dk

Improvements that still needs to be done:

• Support for old browsers, not supporting pseudo classes.
  • HTML5 pushState integration.
  • Other?

portfolioPreview.jpg

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
Clean and simple. Lose "ready for work." Ready for work sounds like you aren't getting any work right now, which begs the question why aren't you getting any work right now?

----------

Oh, and may I suggest leaving the image's at full opacity until you mouse over one, and then dimming the others? That way the work is at full eye-catchiness all the time.

chaos86

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2003
Oh, and let that type breathe!

Much more readable right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 10.58.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 10.58.26 AM.png
    17 KB · Views: 336
  • Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 10.58.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 10.58.40 AM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 333

gwailo

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
God dag min fine ven.

First of all let me say your portfolio looks great! I have some constructive criticism regarding the text, if you don't mind.

In the Personal section of your Skills page, 'punctiliously' should read 'punctilious' - there is some irony to be appreciated there ;)

I would consider rewriting the whole Personal section, actually... some people prefer to steer clear of ambitious perfectionistic zealots - these things are positive in the abstract but have negative associations (ambitious = competitive, no loyalty, self-interest above client or employer; perfectionist = slow, always tinkering, no perspective; zealot = aggressive, won't listen to anybody).

I'm sure that's not what you intend to convey, there may be a better way to say the same things - for example, nobody dislikes people who pay "great attention to detail" so it might be better to say that than punctilious or perfectionistic.

Also, you talk a lot about learning, but remember you're being hired to do a job, not to learn - even if you still feel you have some things to learn, there's some truth to the saying "fake it 'til you make it".

I hope you will take my comments in a positive way, I mean no harm and won't be offended if you disagree entirely :D

wedelgaard

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hillerød, Denmark
thanks for feedback

@chaos86 and @gwailo thanks for your valuable feedback! :)

@Gwailo a bit off topic, but do I know you since you write in danish to me? :)

@Gwailo you are right I might wan't to rewrite some words/phrases in the personal section, although I think you have it sound more negative than it is. Hopefully potential clients do not share that view ;)

gwailo

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
No, we don't know each other - I just noticed you were Danish hehe.

As for the rest of my comments the main issue was the grammar of "punctiliously" which I see you switched, my other advice was just semantics and personal taste. Good luck with everything!

Edit: Quick catch - "Mobil app development" is missing an "e", I think it was there before but can't be sure. Also I liked the grey look you had before.

wedelgaard

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Hillerød, Denmark
No, we don't know each other - I just noticed you were Danish hehe.

As for the rest of my comments the main issue was the grammar of "punctiliously" which I see you switched, my other advice was just semantics and personal taste. Good luck with everything!

Edit: Quick catch - "Mobil app development" is missing an "e", I think it was there before but can't be sure. Also I liked the grey look you had before.

Good luck to you too and thanks for the criticism.

I'm still tinkering a bit with the colors of website :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.