Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kapali

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
INDIA
After decades of using Windows I have now moved to Apple- Yes I just got by new MAC Air 11". I am basically into Blogging, using MS Office apps.

I need a basic guide for new users which could virtually guide me verbatim from Windows to Mac! Guidance requested please

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Apple.com/support

There are over 300 hours of video tutorials. Did you also purchase the OnetoOne membership with your Mac? If so, schedule a few lessons.

The transition is really not as drastic as you might think. Windows and OS X basically do the same things with different icons.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
After decades of using Windows I have now moved to Apple- Yes I just got by new MAC Air 11". I am basically into Blogging, using MS Office apps.

I need a basic guide for new users which could virtually guide me verbatim from Windows to Mac! Guidance requested please

Hi Congratulations on switching to the Mac, I really hope you enjoy using your new MacBook Air. MacRumors is a great resource and the first bit of advice is to use the search tool, as this question has been asked many times before. It is much quicker to use search to get an answer to a question that is likely to have already been asked, rather than wait for new replies.

MacRumors Forums - Search Results-2.png

Also look for sticky posts at the top of subforums that Answer questions like this. Also look at the Guides that can be found in Mac Help and Basics

Like the new Mac Users guide

Finally I put together a guide for new Windows to Mac switchers that I did for a friend that can be found here. This guide also includes some typical issues that new switchers have, and how to resolve them.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012

I just now made a similar switch after 20+ years of being a Windows user...I suggest just using the MBA and googling when you get stuck...within a day or two I was very comfortable with OS X...

Good luck and enjoy...

sostoobad

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2011
Boston
To the OP congrats on moving to Mac and the 11" I too have an 11" along with a mac mini. Using the Mac OS is easy, if I can do it, anybody can, plus this forum can answer any question that gets thrown at it...its all good.:D

OnceYouGoMac

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
In front of my Mac
Welcome to MR and the world of Mac! I also have an 11" Air and I have a 13" Pro as well. Been using Macs for two years and there's no way I want to go back to smelly old Windows now :D:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.