Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

View Poll Results: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?
Yes 37 31.90%
No 72 62.07%
Undecided 7 6.03%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 1, 2014, 06:54 PM   #351
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpots View Post
You know the more you talk, the more the votes go against a name change on this forum. Not a coincidence.
If you are wanting to direct something personal at me, come out and say it.

I seriously hope you are not insinuating that I shouldn't be proud of my heritage? If so, perhaps the inner racist/bigot is speaking.

Quote:
Remember the Washington Bullets?
You mean the Washington Wizards?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing...ng_the_Wizards

Quote:
In 1995, owner Abe Pollin announced he was changing the team's name because Bullets had acquired violent overtones that had made him increasingly uncomfortable over the years, particularly given the high homicide and crime rate in the early 1990s in Washington, D.C. It was widely believed to be related to the assassination of his longtime friend, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.,[2] but this myth has been debunked in many circles.[citation needed] A contest was held to choose a new name and the choices were narrowed to the Dragons, Express, Stallions, Sea Dogs, or Wizards.[3] On May 15, 1997, the Bullets officially became the Washington Wizards.
BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues