Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

offtheroad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I have a Mac and 12 GB ram and LION OS. All my CS6 apps load excepy Illustrator. It's gets as far as the innerface then crashes. Help Please

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I have a Mac and 12 GB ram and LION OS. All my CS6 apps load excep Illustrator. It's gets as far as the innerface then crashes. Help Please

Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Simple to do and should get it working again. Worth the try.

offtheroad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Simple to do and should get it working again. Worth the try.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes did that and repaired perm's. I should mention I have an older Mac Pro

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro4,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.39f5
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
So I am assuming that did not fix it for you. Sorry it is the only suggestion I have for you currently. I had my HDD replaced recently and had similar issues with CS6 MC, some were crashing and others were not being recognized. But a quick uninstall and reinstall solved my problems. Wish I could be of more help to you, but here's hoping someone else comes along and have some more suggestions for you. Lots of bright people here.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Reset your preferences.
Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift when starting AI to reset to the defaults.

Disable Illustrator Plugins
Hold down left shift while starting application

Clear your Font Cache

Check your crash logs. More often than not it's a corrupt font either on the machine or in the font cache.

offtheroad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reset your preferences.
Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift when starting AI to reset to the defaults.

Disable Illustrator Plugins
Hold down left shift while starting application

Clear your Font Cache

Check your crash logs. More often than not it's a corrupt font either on the machine or in the font cache.

Thank You I'll try, but how do I clear the Font Cache

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Excuse my nubness butis that what Onys is for clearing your Font Cache?

Onyx if you read the description is a utility tool that allows you to do things like delete caches and old logs without having to try to find them in the file system or enter commands in Terminal. Pretty much a click/shoot tool that eliminates some pain for users that aren't real comfortable at a command prompt.

offtheroad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Onyx if you read the description is a utility tool that allows you to do things like delete caches and old logs without having to try to find them in the file system or enter commands in Terminal. Pretty much a click/shoot tool that eliminates some pain for users that aren't real comfortable at a command prompt.

Thanks for all your help. I went into the terminal years ago on an older Mac and typed sudo and lost all my files in the home dir.

offtheroad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Well I did all you instructed one at a time. Nothing worked but I will say after I did the "Reset pref's" as I launched Illustrator the innerface stayed up for about 20 sec. or longer but then crashed. I used Onyx for the clear font cache. I did not go into the Terminal manually.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Well I did all you instructed one at a time. Nothing worked but I will say after I did the "Reset pref's" as I launched Illustrator the innerface stayed up for about 20 sec. or longer but then crashed. I used Onyx for the clear font cache. I did not go into the Terminal manually.

Boo. Might want to find the crash logs, Utility/Console/Diagnostic and User Information to see if you can see if it's pointing to why.

offtheroad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Boo. Might want to find the crash logs, Utility/Console/Diagnostic and User Information to see if you can see if it's pointing to why.

Is this what you wanted me to look at? Because I don't understand it. Please help if you can. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• User Diagnostic Report.rtf.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 129

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Is this what you wanted me to look at? Because I don't understand it. Please help if you can. Thanks for your time.

It's a crash dump, but appears to be for Stuffit. Need one of the ones for AI. You're getting warm :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.