Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HBen

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I wanna run windows Boot Camp it will only be used to play some games that currently aren't on mac. Will the 2GB ceiling on the 32Bit damage gaming, or will the vast majority of games run fine?

Any opinons or experiences would be appreciated!!!

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
It really depends what games you want to play.

Why are you still using 32-bit?

HBen

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
It really depends what games you want to play.

Why are you still using 32-bit?

most likely new games.
im not using either i dont have a windows computer. but i have 32bit file already for use, if you know what i mean.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
most likely new games.
im not using either i dont have a windows computer. but i have 32bit file already for use, if you know what i mean.

I don't know much about gaming tbh, but I think you should get 64-bit anyway.

32-bit is dead :p

Literally 10 minutes ago, I installed 64-bit Java for Minecraft (On a Mac, Minecraft doesn't go to 64-bit by default for some reason) and I get 100fps on highest settings and 300fps on lowest settings.

Yujenisis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
I do most of my gaming on the PC (Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit), but I haven't come across very many games that run natively in 64-bit.

Even the big new titles all install 32-bit executables.

HBen

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I do most of my gaming on the PC (Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit), but I haven't come across very many games that run natively in 64-bit.

Even the big new titles all install 32-bit executables.

Cheers for that! thats what i kinda thought, do have any examples of games that were not natively 64bt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.