Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fizzydunlop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Allentown, PA
I tried out the iOS 7 beta then I decided to downgrade back to 6.1.3. I put the phone into DFU mode then restored the software and everything worked fine. I get the setup screen to select language but when I go to activate I get "your iphone cannot be activated because the activation servers are temporarily unavailable". When I try to activate it by connecting iTunes i get "your request could not be processed" in iTunes. Now im just stuck with a bricked phone pretty much. Any suggestions? This is an iPhone 4S on Sprint.

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
I tried out the iOS 7 beta then I decided to downgrade back to 6.1.3. I put the phone into DFU mode then restored the software and everything worked fine. I get the setup screen to select language but when I go to activate I get "your iphone cannot be activated because the activation servers are temporarily unavailable". When I try to activate it by connecting iTunes i get "your request could not be processed" in iTunes. Now im just stuck with a bricked phone pretty much. Any suggestions? This is an iPhone 4S on Sprint.

Try going back to iOS7

pigbrother

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
I had the same problem with iTunes activation, but Wi-Fi activation worked without any hitch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.