Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swarnabird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Hi, I just found an apple t shirt in an obscure op shop in NSW Australia. I was so excited to find this T and I'm looking at finding more info about it as I haven't been able to find images of the same one anywhere . It in a yellowish cream color with red neckline and red around the sleeves with a rainbow apple logo. I am considering selling it but not sure how to price it. The only vintage apple t I've found online was on ebay for $450 and a much much simpler design then mine. It is in nearly new condition just super soft and lightly faded as vintage t shirts are. The tag is very worn but I think it says splash and has a small R in circle next to logo. Any advice on how to price this or info on when it came out would be so welcome. I think the best T-shirt I've ever found!

Attachments

• IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,173
  • IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 380
Last edited:

swarnabird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
vintage T for sale

If anyone is interested in buying this shirt please let me know and how much you would want to pay for it.
Thanks;)

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Your best bet is to list it on eBay, set whatever price you want and see what happens. However, you can't make offers to sell on MacRumors except in the Marketplace thread, which isn't viewable for new members until they reach a certain number of posts and have been a member for 6 months or a year, I forget the exact requirements. They're very strict about enforcing that.

Nice find on the shirt!

swarnabird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
selling

Thanks for the reply I still don't know much about how the site works. I'm not even sure if I will sell this T more just wanting to gauge what it might be worth. When I saw the one on ebay for $450 I was pretty shocked as I've never thought of spending that much on a T. I'm curious what mac fans think is a viable/reasonable price and what you would hope/expect to sell it for if it was yours. Thanks for your time. I'm pretty lost in this turf :confused: :)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Anything special with the Rainbow Mac is getting up there in prices.

Did the auction actually sell it at $450? That's a bit crazy... maybe around $50 - $100 depending on condition.

I will try to find the Apple Catalog page it came from and post it here...

swarnabird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Thanks!

Yes I must admit I thought 450 was crazy too but then I thought, well maybe it's not. Ethically I don't want to screw $ out of someone but hey if it is worth a lot to a collector then I want to price it correctly and enjoy my vintage lottery ticket ;) It is really cool and perfect condition and I think super rare.
I don't think it did sell on e-bay for that price as it's still on sale at etsy for $400 and I'm assuming it's the same person. That one is just a plain boxy white t shirt though with logo on the back.
I just spoke to someone at Apple on the off chance they could redirect me to something helpful. Was worth it just to hear the surprise in her voice! She was so thrown, had no idea but was really excited to have such a different call. :)
If the calalog shows up that would be awesome! Thanks lots guys, I'm so glad I found this site. I'm a mac lover and user but this is a whole new world for me and so helpful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.