Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rahul247rocks

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2012
So I downloaded and started playing Temple Run 2 like all of you. I am using iPad 3 and I experienced a lot of inconsistent frame rates. I tried figuring out exactly what's happening and saw frame rates drop near water bodies and increase like the old version game inside the railroad caves and when using ropes.

Is there anyone who is experiencing the same issue and feel that Temple Run 2 is not as smooth as the original version.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Works great on the iPad 2. It sux that the iPad 3 can't handle the HD version.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Working fine so far on the mini for as far as I have gotten. If it works on the 2 and mini, why not as well on the 3?

rahul247rocks

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Working fine so far on the mini for as far as I have gotten. If it works on the 2 and mini, why not as well on the 3?

Don't know but its not that fluid like original Temple Run. Sometimes frame rate increases but there are times when it gets stuck a bit.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
I am experiencing the same issue on iPad 3. It runs pretty smooth on my iPod touch, though. I think the big retina display is what slows it down. I wonder how it runs on iPad 4?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Well I assume lots of folks have at least tried it on the 3 and there is not enough feedback really to know for sure if there is an issue. Unless folks just aren't saying because it has been brought up but .....

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
This isn't related to the OP's problem, but there's this annoying one where you don't stop sprinting. Typically it's when the sprint finishes on/soon after the ropes, and you just fly into whatever is coming up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.