Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ewoh24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2003
It appears my Open Directory Master in 10.8.3 is hosed. WHat happens if I delete it and create a new one with the exact same accounts, passwords etc...Will that avoid any issues that may occur? I have email set up for accounts. How will that be affected?

apfelkiste2013

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
It appears my Open Directory Master in 10.8.3 is hosed. WHat happens if I delete it and create a new one with the exact same accounts, passwords etc...Will that avoid any issues that may occur? I have email set up for accounts. How will that be affected?

Hi,

I once deleted my od master and recreated it by hand. It was just a few accounts and groups that needed to be recreated, but all in all it worked well. You have to check permissions after recreating all these accounts. I'm not running email on these accounts, so I can't help you with this. If possible, do backups regularly or create a (virtual) OS X OD replica, so you have a running, valid copy of the od database in your network.

Good luck,
Jens

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
This is a proven way to fix some OD errors. I have used it many times over the years, never had any issues at all. Mileage may vary. And if it's hosed, you have nothing to lose anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.