Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hamburger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Hi all, sorry if this has already been covered somewhere but I had a look around and couldn't really find anything on this topic.

Our daughter is getting an iPod touch for xmas. My wife and I have separate iTunes account, we are separated and live in different places.
Now I still want my daughter to have access to both of our iTunes music libraries. Is that possible by creating a new iTunes account for her (under the name and with the credit card details from one parent) and then activating the account on both of our computers?

Any advice is most welcome, thanks in advance

MatthewAMEL

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Orlando, FL
You can play authorized content on multiple devices per account.

I have 7 authorized devices on my account, but you can only have one account per device.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I have 7 authorized devices on my account, but you can only have one account per device.

Only one account can be signed into the Store at a time, but you can play content from multiple accounts on the same device (I have three accounts and can play content from all three on the single phone).

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
You can do what you're asking but have you thought about who is going to pay for downloads? If that matters, it could be tricky because she could be signed into your account on her (ex's) computer and download (considering that you authorize her machine.

Hamburger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
thanks for the answers, that's exactly what I hoped for, one account on multiple machines. I have never tried it myself, that's why I wanted to make sure it works.
The plan is that I create a new account - only used by my daughter - with my credit card details.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Great! But to be clear, you cannot sync the IPT with both computers; only one. You can buy apps on two computers using the same account (then download them free on the 2nd computer later or download via App Store on IPT) but not sync to both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.