Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan914

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I got my iPhone 5 delivered on launch day and I've just noticed that when ANY audio is initiated on it there is a short popping, static-y sound, then a few seconds after the audio has stopped there is a second popping sound. This includes any audio, from music to keyboard clicks. There is also a slightly longer popping sound when opening the safari address bar. It only appears to occur with headphone use and I've reproduced the problem on all of my headphones and it drives me crazy when I have headphones in. I'm many hundreds of kilometres from an Apple Store and obviously supplies are constrained so any replacement will be quite delayed and I have found one other person on the Apple Support forums with this issue. Is it possible this is a software bug that may be fixed, or do I need to call Apple, because this is a really unacceptable problem.

Last edited:

Brv

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Hi there, I just started experiencing the exact same audio issues. Did you find a fix or identify the problem?
Thx!

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Yep notice it too. It's the amp turning on and off. Never noticed it on my 4s but its there also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.