Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LarryC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
North America
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if this is a widespread issue. I am using a 2011 MacBook Pro, 13 inch. My OS is 10.8.2 and my version of Safari is 6.0.2. Thank you in advance for any replies or suggestions.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
What a pile of nonsense it took to just click on magnifier in search - I swear some of those tech geeks on the support site are using old junk from 5 years ago.

Banal solutions are often overlooked.

We have same versions of both Safari and OS X, but the Find function works perfectly on my end.

Have you tried resetting the Safari?

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if this is a widespread issue. I am using a 2011 MacBook Pro, 13 inch. My OS is 10.8.2 and my version of Safari is 6.0.2. Thank you in advance for any replies or suggestions.

Larry - what exactly do you mean that find does not work in Safari ? Do you mean that the separate search window is no longer there - If that is the case it is because in the current version of Safari Apple merged the field for Web addresses and search into one in Safari 6. If you type anything else than text that safari recognises as website, Safari will do a Google (or whatever your default search engine is) search for it instead.

Or do you mean that sometimes when you search, it keeps the current webpage and does not show the search results ?

Edit : Sorry ignore my post, just realised you meant find on a page, rather than search. My Find is working fine.

Last edited:

LarryC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
North America
Thank you all for your replies. I'll try resetting Safari. I'm glad that it is still working for other users using the same version. Singularity, thank you for the link. I will try that when I get home next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.