Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Well, you were there and I wasn't. But the way I see things, it's best to always keep em guessing when it comes to gifts, even if you've discussed it. That's just me.

Just don't let him take it to school!

Not your kid so how dare you say word one about what his parents do. If they want to tell him what he's getting, if they want to let him take it to school, etc. that is their right as his parents.

Meanwhile you can parent your kids your way.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I really disagree with posting photos of your children on a forum plus I don't really see the point of this thread. Do you post on other forums if you buy him a pair of sneakers? Scary, really!

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Yet people post thousands of photos on social network sites (Facebook, twitter....), of their children.

Well there are a lot of other threads out there to read that make sense to anyone of their liking.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I really disagree with posting photos of your children on a forum plus I don't really see the point of this thread. Do you post on other forums if you buy him a pair of sneakers? Scary, really!

Yeah, I don't get it either. Hey, we all think are kids are the fantastic...especially when they were young. (I'm thinking this HAS to be a first or only child) A kid getting an iPad is neither novel or interesting. And posting pictures of them on a Mac forum is kind of strange.

The post was 4 pages long and I foolishly thought there must be something interesting in it. Guess not.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Yeah, I don't get it either. Hey, we all think are kids are the fantastic...especially when they were young. (1)(I'm thinking this HAS to be a first or only child) A kid getting an iPad is neither novel or interesting. (2)And posting pictures of them on a (3) Mac forum is kind of strange.

The post was 4 pages long and I foolishly thought there must be something interesting in it. Guess not.

1-Yes, he is my first child
2-reason posting I see nothing wrong ok.
3-reason it is b/c I'm a tech geek just like you guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.