Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 23, 2013, 06:24 PM   #226
Will2145
macrumors 6502

white for everything else but the slate and black is just too sick too pass.
Will2145 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 07:21 PM   #227
Motherload0211
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesdayton View Post
Interesting, in a google search for white vs black iphone there is a link to a gay discussion forum about the topic. And most the the men there prefer black. Funny considering all the people here afraid of being labeled gay if they use white phones
Not all. I have a white phone and many others do as well and I'm male
Motherload0211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:08 PM   #228
Eckscaliber
macrumors 6502a

Having white around the screen distracts my eyes. With a black border, all I see is the screen.
Eckscaliber is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:21 PM   #229
DayOfChaos
macrumors 6502

I got white because it is iconic in Apple history and catches eyes more, mostly my eye because I love the silver color.. Plus, it matches my Mac.

Why does everything think white is feminine? Some people worry about the weirdest things.
DayOfChaos is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:39 PM   #230
Warcake
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckscaliber View Post
Having white around the screen distracts my eyes. With a black border, all I see is the screen.
This, also, I love the stealthy look black gadgets have, and that they match more cases imo.
Warcake is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 03:44 AM   #231
matttye
macrumors 601

Wanted black but they only had white. Ended up preferring white after I saw black anyway.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:08 AM   #232
jonasdamn
Banned

I crashed black one, so tried white and i like it more than black one
jonasdamn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:55 PM   #233
charlesdayton
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherload0211 View Post
Not all. I have a white phone and many others do as well and I'm male
I am also male with a white iPhone. What I mean is that many people on this and other similar threads are equating the color of the phone with gender when in fact a white or black iPhone has nothing to do with the gender or sexual orientation of its owner.
charlesdayton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 09:01 PM   #234
xAnthony
macrumors 65816

I was so sure I'd be buying the white model this time around as I just loved the look of the white iPhone 4/4s (I had a black one). Once I got the iPhone 5 in my hand, everything changed. It just has this stealth look that I love.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:03 PM   #235
Warcake
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAnthony View Post
I was so sure I'd be buying the white model this time around as I just loved the look of the white iPhone 4/4s (I had a black one). Once I got the iPhone 5 in my hand, everything changed. It just has this stealth look that I love.
How the white color looks on a 5 doesn't even compare to how good it looks on the 4s. Man, the white 4s is too elegant. The white 5 looks cheap imo. No offense to white users.
Warcake is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 03:27 AM   #236
Krissypantz2828
Banned

I had a black iPhone 4 but switched to a white iPhone 5 just to change it up. I always thought that the white phones were more feminine but it turns out it doesnt matter lol.. Its a great looking phone in white and black, but I think my next iPhone will be white!
Krissypantz2828 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 06:40 AM   #237
3rd Rock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypantz2828 View Post
I had a black iPhone 4 but switched to a white iPhone 5 just to change it up. I always thought that the white phones were more feminine but it turns out it doesnt matter lol.. Its a great looking phone in white and black, but I think my next iPhone will be white!
Agree with the white phone looking really good. But, I have to take issue with your comment that the white looks kinda feminine. Actually it does not. Now, PINK does looks feminine

PS: The Champagne iphone is now appealing to me as well
3rd Rock is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 08:33 AM   #238
Tulani
macrumors 6502

There is talk of graphite color coming as fourth option.
Tulani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:23 AM   #239
Krissypantz2828
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Rock View Post
Agree with the white phone looking really good. But, I have to take issue with your comment that the white looks kinda feminine. Actually it does not. Now, PINK does looks feminine

PS: The Champagne iphone is now appealing to me as well
I just always thought it did, but when I got it that wasn't the case at all :P
Krissypantz2828 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:48 AM   #240
Romf
macrumors regular

Bought a black because I think it's very elegant. I love the back of the white also (aluminium, like a macbook) but as someone said on 1st page i think it looks too feminine.

Have been unhappy with the scratches on the sides though, was even thinking that if I had to change it I would consider a white one. Well I had it stolen and went back for a black, really love the color even though it gets easy scratches
Romf is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:59 AM   #241
iKaushal
macrumors 6502

I had a black iPhone 4 and skipped the 4S....but loved the look of the white 4S....so wanted a white iPhone 5.

But the moment I saw white and black side by side in the store....I was blown over by the sleek looks of Black.

so black it is for me again

iPhone 5 - 65 GB Black
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:02 PM   #242
3rd Rock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypantz2828 View Post
I just always thought it did, but when I got it that wasn't the case at all :P
Agree

Last edited by OllyW; Aug 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post
3rd Rock is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 04:49 PM   #243
jamesapp
macrumors 6502a

I chose black for my iphone 5. Dont mind the scratches have just a little alluminum showing.

I am afraid to get the white, for fear of it being to feminine. But thought when i get my 5s that maybe i should change things up always had a black iphone cell. One thing people have mentioned, i think ios 7 would suit a white iphone? But i dont know, i think i have seen videos of ios 7 on a black iphone 5, and it has a different but nice look to it. But i think the new color pallette with pastels and yellows and light blues is almost begging me to pick up a white iphone 5s.

I am a jailbreaker, and am into themeing so i take that into consideration.

Also, if the build is the same as my iphone 5, getting white would really be like getting a new phone? Where as a black iphone 5s would look almost identical, outword appearance anyways to my iphone 5. Similiar to the iphone 4/4s.

The champagne color is tempting.

I cant decide what color to get. One thing i usually do is not physically touch the new model till i get my own. Although sometimes i can see them, like lets say in best buy.

Part of me says to stick with black forever. But a change might be nice. I think ill be undecided right down to the wire.

Last edited by jamesapp; Aug 26, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
jamesapp is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 09:19 PM   #244
SanjeevRana
macrumors 6502a

I have both colors and here are my problems :

White ..
* The bezel is very distracting (white then black empty space and then screen)
* The screen is not aligned in center properly, gets on my nerves !

Black ..
* Shows up fingerprint, lint and dust very quickly, constant wiping needed, both back and front
* All the black IP5 that my hands have passed have duller/yellower screen when compared to White IP5's ... I have no idea why
* Afraid to use it naked due to chipping
2 x iPhone4S 64G iPad2 64GB Black iPad3 32GB White
SanjeevRana is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:15 AM   #245
LadyX
macrumors Demi-Goddess

I chose white because I simply loved the back. The strip of white at the top and bottom with the anodized aluminum makes the phone look quite elegant. The black one also has an anodized aluminum back but with a black coating on top, so when the back gets scratched or scuffed the aluminum can be seen which makes the back of the white iPhone 5 more durable since it's plain anodized aluminum.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone