Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtanojevic

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2013
melbourne
i want to purchase a ipof touch 5g 16gb but will it fit in all the normal cases without the loop and camera or should i just buy a used black 32gb 5th gen?
what do you guys think?

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Touch 5 16G has exact same body as the 32GB with camera but little lighter. It would fit fine into 32GB case only the camera and loop cut will be useless.

I suggest if you can wait few more days, new Iphone debut as always with Ipod touch update. Either its price adjust or new model. It would be fun to find out before making decision now.

tomtanojevic

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2013
melbourne
im thinking that i want a 32gb in blck. can you buy them in person refurbed at the apple store or only online?
also it looks unlikely that any new ipods are being releasedthis year as part of apples cycle.

Last edited:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
im thinking that i want a 32gb in blck. can you buy them in person refurbed at the apple store or only online?
also it looks unlikely that any new ipods are being releasedthis year as part of apples cycle.
You can only order the refurbished models online. However, you can get it delivered to an Apple store if home package delivery is an issue for you.

And Apple only skipped updating the iPod touch one year, so there is a chance the iPod touch line will get updates this year. Although they may be announced separately from the iPhone updates.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Belkin has two cases for the 16GB model, specifically (no camera or loop holes, and microphone hole on top). I have one and it is great, if a bit pricey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.